Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
All cropped images

Img_0314c.jpg

Img_0316c.jpg

Img_0317c.jpg

Ken, they look soft to me, the first two have missed focus on the bird. Focus appears to be on the seed in the foreground on the first. in the second I would guess that the bird moved it's head at the vital moment (inconsiderate little devils at times).

I always spot meter the bird, especially at high ISO, I find it improves the result, being slightly over exposed rather than under exposed will also help at high ISO.

I am sure that a pass through 'Noiseware' would clean things up a treat, it is available as a free standalone download (if you use Windows) LINK it is the last one on the page, the Community Edition. If like me you are a mac user you have to buy the PS Plug In version (it works in Elements).

I'm not sure if my lens is front focusing slightly on the 7D, I want to be sure before I start playing with MA, some of course may be operator error and I wouldn't want to make things worse. :) I've downloaded the Noiseware freeby, but haven't installed it yet, I hope it has instructions ;)

I'm not sure if my lens is front focusing slightly on the 7D, I want to be sure before I start playing with MA, some of course may be operator error and I wouldn't want to make things worse. :) I've downloaded the Noiseware freeby, but haven't installed it yet, I hope it has instructions ;)

Run it on default Ken .... thats all I do :D

I would check operator error first before messing around with settings, which lens is it ?

Back