Some more orange seed pods, back-lighted

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure what I think of these... what do you reckon? If you think they're a bit crap, say so (y) And even better, if you can tell me how to improve, say so! (A proper light box is on it's way from ebay to me as we speak...)

LightOrangeSeed.jpg

LightOrangeSeed2.jpg

LightOrangeSeed3.jpg

Number one is awesome, the light patch in the middle seems to draw the eye and almost give a "halo" effect around the seed pod.

Number 2 doesn't seem as effective due to the angle of the pod and I think the seed in number 3 detracts from the pattern of the casing. Daft I know but it almost seems too uniform given the organic shapes that are present with the outline and veins of the pod.

I may just be talking rubbish but I say it as I see it!

How did you light this out of interest.

Number one is awesome, the light patch in the middle seems to draw the eye and almost give a "halo" effect around the seed pod.

Number 2 doesn't seem as effective due to the angle of the pod and I think the seed in number 3 detracts from the pattern of the casing. Daft I know but it almost seems too uniform given the organic shapes that are present with the outline and veins of the pod.

I may just be talking rubbish but I say it as I see it!

How did you light this out of interest.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments :) I like number one best I think too.

I think the last one would work better if the pod was lighter and the seed darker... not sure how I'd do that.

The lighting is a desk lamp behind a stretched whit T shirt :)

Thanks, I appreciate the comments :) I like number one best I think too.

I think the last one would work better if the pod was lighter and the seed darker... not sure how I'd do that.

The lighting is a desk lamp behind a stretched whit T shirt :)

Great lighting solution! gives a really cool texture!

Could you try out using dodge and burn to lighten the pod and darken the seed? If that works, you could possible try taking the picture again but using a range of exposures / apertures and blend the layers in photoshop?

Think that may work.

Great lighting solution! gives a really cool texture!

Could you try out using dodge and burn to lighten the pod and darken the seed? If that works, you could possible try taking the picture again but using a range of exposures / apertures and blend the layers in photoshop?

Think that may work.

And yeh... the photoshop idea was the only way I thought of. I am not at all practiced in that! Something I need to have a go at when I have some more time over xmas me thinks...

I agree that #1 is best as the glow is nice and even all around. #2 has two much of a bright blown out area just above and 3 is good but not as good as 1!

I love the colours though, very nice.

(y)

Back