Some more portrait work.

Edit My Images
Yes
From last night, all shot on my 30D with the 50mm prime attached, hence the nice tight crops.

No flash in AV mode @ 2.2F, ISO 1000, spot meter and various shutter.

Finally starting to get my workflow sorted and the results are shown. Bokeh straight out of the lens, no PP on background.

Feedback welcome as ever :)

AndySumnersmall.jpg

mark2small.jpg

DaveHallsmall.jpg

Musicmansmall.jpg

Tommysmall.jpg

mark3small.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of them :)

They are certainly distinctive and make you sit up and take notice. Very intense studies.

I think I like them...I think :)

I'll be honest, I dont like them!
Mostly its the intensity in their eyes, which I suppose is a good thing that as a photographer, you managed to capture.
I dont like the grey tones on the skin either, makes them look like something 'undead' ... but hey.. at least you provoked my reaction!

fingerz said:
Ah, that'll be it then. I'm sorry to say it really shows. The grey splodges really detract from them.

I can see your view actually and will work out how to negate the shadow/grey area detail.

Thanks anyway, all comments welcome.

Diego.

hmmm not sure about them they look like a line up from crimewatch's rogues gallery to me

stupot said:
hmmm not sure about them they look like a line up from crimewatch's rogues gallery to me
They look like they've been stoking up the boilers on some Russian spy ship to me, lol!
Out of interest Diego, are they road workers or miners or somesuch?

InaGlo said:
They look like they've been stoking up the boilers on some Russian spy ship to me, lol!
Out of interest Diego, are they road workers or miners or somesuch?

No. The top three are all in the band I sing in. Drums, bass and lead guitarist. The young guy is the bass players nephew who is our junior roadie and the guy in the beret runs the recording studio we use :)

100% true.

Diego.

For a change Diego I gotta say I am not keen on this lot !

Mostly pin sharp and technically sound but they do nothing for me I am afraid !

Respect for trying stuff out ... but they would more than likely be real good with normal processing ... imo !

TFS though ...

Not really my cup of tea, would look good as mono (wheres DJW when you need him) Guy with red face looks like Mr Weasley from Harry Potter films.

I much prefer your normal stuff to these Diego. Your best asset is your good eye, you don't need processing gimmicks. ;)

Back