Some new toys; Price checks and Problems

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I have come into posession( not stolen lol) some old and new nikon kit which has put me into a dilemma now as I'm a canon user.

Toys include

50mm F1.2 manual

50mm-copy.jpg

Which has fungus inside the top element. Not sure if this is easily fixable or how much photos will be affected.

50mm-front-copy.jpg

Theres also a old Nikon 105mm F4 Macro

105mm-macro-copy.jpg

A 300mm F4 ED AF + 2x convertor

300mm-f4-copy.jpg

This one has fungus and two scratches on the front element. How badly will these affect image quality waits to be seen.

300mm-front-scratches-copy.jpg

then theres a working Nikon SB-16 flashgun which works but Im not sure if this is compatible with new nikon DSLRs

nikon-sb16-flash-copy.jpg

I'm not sure if this is even worth anything but theres also a working olympus Om1 camera with 50mm f1.8 lens system. Its not no Auto (Aperture priority) mode so its going to be very hard to use unless im mistaken?

olympus-om1-copy.jpg

There are some decent nikon lenses I have which I'd quite like to use now but I only have two old nikon SLRS like FE2 and F65.

I know old nikon lenses do work with new DSLRS but I'm not sure if I want to try a Nikon. Will be borrowing someones for sure soon.

Hmm...I could have both systems as I already have a very large kit collection...

choices choices....

i wish i could come into possession of some gear like this.
cant go wrong with nikon either :D

Nice selection of Nikon glass, shame about the fungus :(

I think the OM1 will still be worth something. I had a lovely black and silver one which I got £65 for a few months back....

The OM1 is a great camera, probably my favourite camera ever, and is very easy to use. Make sure the exposure needle is between the + and - and, voila, a well exposed shot. That 50mm lens is also a cracker. Keep hold of it and have a play...

Some nice older lenses - a real shame fungus has got at that 1.2.

A few people seem to have had some work done on lenses recently on here and the prices wern't cheap.

All you can do is try the lenses out and see how they perform.

The Om1 is a lovely camera , alas it takes a Px625 battery which are no longer available.

You cay buy battery converters that allow the use of a 1.5v bitton cell however you would have to compenstate you light meter readings for the extra voltage.

As for the 50mm 1.2 Nikon find a tog buddy with nikon kit and let them have a go.

Back