Some of my favourite portraits

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
CC Welcome

Some images taken of a good friends Grand-Daughter.

Not a lot of room to work in, but they turned out ok.

As said in a previous thread here, it pays with digital to keep snapping, even in between, sometimes you get that grab shot like No 3 here.
Reminds me of an old Lux advert or similar.

Hope you like

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3214-sepia.jpg

Last edited:
just goes to prove you dont need alot of room..(y)

well done i like the capture in the 3rd just not 100% on the processing

all imho

md(y)

Many thanks

Edit: 143 views and one reply, obviously my idea of favorite is different to other opinions lol :thumbsdown: :D

Last edited:
I'm no expert but that backdrop doesn't work too well with the subject imo - her colouring is too similar for me. Lovely pictures of the girl but a plainer backdrop might have worked

It was my favorite backdrop lol :eek:

Seriously, I appreciate your input, many thanks.

I don't know about the colours being similar, but they certainly don't work together too well, but the poses and composition are spot on, i think the 3rd is good i like the sepia tone, well done.

Hi Steve, Just looking through and viewed your portraits. Captured nicely. I am slowly getting into photography. Just been offered my first job taking portraits of children at a nursery. Totally lost on what i need and where i can get backdrops etc. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am slowly getting into photography. Just been offered my first job taking portraits of children at a nursery. Totally lost on what i need and where i can get backdrops etc. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

warehouseexpress.com have a large selection of lastolite backdrops to buy, but checkout any studios near you as they sometimes rent out their backgrounds and equipment, i did this for a graduation shoot i did for my ex and a few of her friends.

Back