Some of my pics.

I think the oof tree adds to the background and makes you focus in on the subject, but we're all very critical of our own work, but if I'd taken this, I would have been very happy
Thanks for both your comments Pete, I was pleased with the swallow shots, less so with the reds. But yes, most of us are our harshest critics, and that bleeding tree niggles me.....:)

Get yer chain-saw on it Ade! :D
(as Pete says, I don't think it's a problem, but once something niggles.....we can't seem forget it eh )

Went to Leighton Moss last weekend and watched three otters playing around in the lake. Long way off and quite a large crop, but thought i`d post it up anyway.

otters October 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

Funny that we saw these after being advised by a smug git,dressed in full cammo, that we were too late to see anything.

Couple more from last week, light was absolute crap all day.

Teal male October 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

Red Squirrel 2 by Fracster, on Flickr

On a bad point really, I have not seen the little owls for some weeks now, I wonder if they nested in the barn and then scooted off elsewhere?

Another weird thing, over the last few weeks I have not seen a single great tit at the bird hide, plenty of blues,coalies and the odd LTT, but not one single great tit.

I like it up at LM. Did you see any beardies at the grit trays? Apparently they have been getting quite a few just picking up grit off the floor on the causeway.

Great that you saw the otters! (public hide?) I've never seen one.
Don't you just love the `know it all's` :rolleyes: Did you get chance to catch him afterwards to show him the pics? :D

I like the squirrel pic. :cool:

We get a few great tits most mornings. They've been coming through in loose flocks with blue tits, coalies, LTT's & gold finches. We've even had 2 jays visiting periodically this past week or so.
I've hardly seen any sparrows since the breeding season & there used to be loads!
There are a pair of sparrow hawks very near, so I guess that's the main reason.

No Mr " smartarse" was long gone Carl. The otters were down at the lower hide, harrier put an appearance in, too far off though. Did not see the beardies on the grit tray,there must have been 5 or 6 guys there with tripods and cameras set up on the grit trays, I couldn`t be bothered joining the throng TBH.

One guy in the little hide did not stop rabbiting about his bloody life story for damned near an hour, why don`t these people realise that nobody is interested, that we come to see the wildlife and relax for an hour or two, bloody windbag...............:mad:

When I got a few pics of the beardies about a year ago, there must have been 20 folk there & 2 guys nearly got to fisticuffs. lol

I know what you mean about all the waffle etc. it drives me nuts! They should have signs up ......`NO TALKING or BULL5H!TTING` :)

Last edited:
The red of the squirrel and the green of the moss really 'pops' against that background. (y)

The red of the squirrel and the green of the moss really 'pops' against that background. (y)
Thanks for popping by and commenting Phil,appreciated.

Last one, promise, this was taken early morning in difficult light, not 100% sure it works,any thoughts?

Red Squirrel Nov 3 by Fracster, on Flickr

One guy in the little hide did not stop rabbiting about his bloody life story for damned near an hour, why don`t these people realise that nobody is interested, that we come to see the wildlife and relax for an hour or two, bloody windbag...............:mad:

Had to endure someone like this in a hide last week. Waffled on for an hour and insisted on waving his hands through the open viewing slots as he talked. Then to top it off he was one of those wildlife photographers that really, really needs to confirm his camera has focused by it bloody beeping at him.

It was a case of either killing him and hiding the body or leaving him to it and finding another peaceful place. I managed to control the voices in my head and took the second option :)

Excellent Ade love the owls and the juvenile wheatear is wonderful the rain really makes it:)

Excellent Ade love the owls and the juvenile wheatear is wonderful the rain really makes it:)
thanks for stopping by and commenting Pete, glad you like them.

cheers Dave,Andy. I don't get out as much as id like, but earning dosh comes first. Got some dipper ones fro early in the year Dave, led down in the middle of a river, ill dig one out for you.

Sadly bills have to come first, let me know if you want some company next time your out. Just back from Scotland shooting Otters and Red Deer :)

Back