Some people have way too much money..

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Just found this picture on another forum from a Cyprus Rally in May 2005..:(

Wow what did happen to this 300mm f/2.8 top of the range lens..:sadcry:

300mm-wrecked.jpg

I was gonna say it could be one of Arkady's...then realised it was a Canon ;)

Isn't that the reason it is destroyed ....some espionage :whistle2:

minimeeze said:
I was gonna say it could be one of Arkady's...then realised it was a Canon ;)

lol

If the lens is like that, I'm left thinking what the hell happened to the photographer?
Looks like a nasty accident has occured....

Marcel said:
lol

If the lens is like that, I'm left thinking what the hell happened to the photographer?
Looks like a nasty accident has occured....

that was my thought too,lol I couldn't see anyone doing that on purpose to a lens.

Jewel

v-strange,

it still has the rear cap gaffer taped to the lens ?

MyPix

MyPix said:
it still has the rear cap gaffer taped to the lens ?

Looks like it. Says something for the quality of the glass if he/she is still able to use it.

Looks like some other expensive debris in the background too, i'd hazard a guess at it's destruction as being brought about by a car smash which flung the snappers kit into the air and across the ground.

Aye I thought that too.

It looks like a big chuffin tripod lens mount, like the one Matt has for his hubble-esque lens :D

I bet there's someone feeling sorry for themselves, just thinking Why did I stand there???? :ponders:

It'll be on ebay in a week.

"well looked after, couple of slight scuffs, 100% working order"

dod said:
It'll be on ebay in a week.

"well looked after, couple of slight scuffs, 100% working order"

:laugh1:

I would take bets that this particular lens Will still work..:shock:

The damage looks to be all exterior to me..;)

It probably will too. As long as the guys okay though, the lens will likely be insured. :thumb:

Edit: actually looking closer is the front element gone?

Looking closer I think those chunks missing at the end of the lens are definetly bite marks......yep, Nikonian bite marks.....it must have been one hell of a battle ;)

Was also going to say, a little bit of touching up with Tipex & it'll sell no probs on EBAY

You'd be suprised at how badly some 'in house' photog's threat their kit.

There's nothing wrong with that lens apart from the loss of the lens shade teeth.
What you can see in the background is the carry strap.

Nothing a good service wouldn't fix.

I think I'd not bother with taking that photo and just nab the lens and run. ;)

There used to be a pro at local football games who I used to watch running around the touchline, with 3 black metal bodied Nikons round his neck, all banging together. There was more brass showing than paint. I used to cringe just watching him. :(

CT said:
There used to be a pro at local football games who I used to watch running around the touchline, with 3 black metal bodied Nikons round his neck, all banging together. There was more brass showing than paint. I used to cringe just watching him. :(

It is sad but why do they do it...:(

I suppose it's no different than someone with a company car who screams it around everywhere.

Back