Some people !!

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Amusing story from Warnham Nature Reserve yesterday

Apparently someone who lives on the opposite bank of the Mill Pond came round to ask if they could stop using the duck
calls at night as it was annoying
Yep you guessed, it's the marsh frogs croaking away, they do make a noise but if you buy a house near a reserve then
you really should expect it.
It's like where I used to live, people moaning about the noise coming from events at the village hall that they had just bought a house next, sorry
but it was there when you bought the place

Similarly in my village, the primary school that has been there since 1905, like most schools allows parents to drop-off and collect their children, then when a new neighbour bought the house opposite, she now wants the local authority to build a carpark just outside the village for parents to drop off/pick up because and I quote " fed up with the noise of cars and people talking every morning and afternoon outside the gate" ....derrr then why buy the house opposite the school gates in the first place?

I knew an old farmer years ago and the council granted planning permission for a close of houses to be built next door to his farm. The new residents then proceeded to complain about the smell when he was muckspreading, and on one occasion even about the noise of his sheep bleating! The best was yet to come... one spring day the farmer was on his tractor chain-harrowing his field and one of the residents started waving at him like mad from their back garden to attract his attention.

The next time he drove past the farmer stopped his tractor and walked over to the chap to ask what the matter was, and apparently the reply was "Your moles have been digging in my garden." The farmer looked over the fence and being of quick wit and dry humour, he shook his head and replied "No, those aren't our moles, all our moles have got collars on!". He then got back on his tractor and carried on. As you say, some people!

Their solicitor would have carried out an environmental search as a matter of course (certainly if they have mortgage) which would have revealed that the property would be "impacted by environmental constraints", which is the usual wording for anything near a nature reserve.

Sounds like these people want the beauty but not the reality that comes with it - so naive lol

Sounds like some dope from a local "committee" - always thinking they're do-gooders, always looking to complain about something or collect money for this or that.

We moved in here 2 years ago, and after being here a few months an old couple from the estate called in asking would we like to pay €20 p.m toward the 'upkeep of the estate' - which basically involved paying contractors to cut the grass on a green area that we can't even see from our house [They live right by it of course]. I cut my own grass, clip my own hedge and keep my garden and front area clean - told them as much, and that since I cannot even see the green, I won't be paying for it to be cut. The old guy has been giving me dirty looks since, whenever I pass him [haven't seen her since] I just smile and wave and shout chirpily "Lovely day for gardening" :LOL:

I should have said "would you like me to pay your tv licence while I'm at it? can't see that from my house either .... blimmin cheek.

In the village my grandmother used to live in, is a church that dates back to the 1300s, some land opposite was sold and some houses built. The architect for the houses ended up buying one then complaining when the bells were rung :facepalm: The story made it into the regional news :LOL:

My village has a War Memorial which was moved onto the village green from a small triangular junction after being hit by a car in the 70’s. At last years wreath laying on Rememberance Sunday a friend who lives in a council house facing the green was gobsmacked to be told by someone “they ruined the village when they built those houses” - pointing at her house, they are typical 1930’s council houses!

Back