Some photographs of Venice

Nice set, while a mixture of good and bad. No 2 for example seems a little flat and could do with a contrast boost, plus maybe boosting the blues for the sky.

No 6 is potentially the best shot for me. This could be improved by waiting for the sun to settle (lower) a little bit more. This would help to get a more balance exposure and bring out detail. Looking at shot no.5 it looks a little grainy and soft, it's possible your camera wasn't supported too well over the long exposure. Also night shots work better when there is still some colour and detail to retain in the sky.

The first shot, I can see where your going with this, but it doesn't quite work for me. I should look at other similar shots then I'd be able to suggest why, I'm just too lazy to do that at the moment.

My advice, treat yourself to another holiday or weekend away and have another go.

I've looked at the exif for some of these, and it looks like your using a shallow depth of field, for most landscape/cityscape higher f/stops are better to get a sharp picture front to back.

Nice set, while a mixture of good and bad. No 2 for example seems a little flat and could do with a contrast boost, plus maybe boosting the blues for the sky.

No 6 is potentially the best shot for me. This could be improved by waiting for the sun to settle (lower) a little bit more. This would help to get a more balance exposure and bring out detail. Looking at shot no.5 it looks a little grainy and soft, it's possible your camera wasn't supported too well over the long exposure. Also night shots work better when there is still some colour and detail to retain in the sky.

The first shot, I can see where your going with this, but it doesn't quite work for me. I should look at other similar shots then I'd be able to suggest why, I'm just too lazy to do that at the moment.

My advice, treat yourself to another holiday or weekend away and have another go.

I've looked at the exif for some of these, and it looks like your using a shallow depth of field, for most landscape/cityscape higher f/stops are better to get a sharp picture front to back.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my photographs, I have added one more. I looked at your photogaphs on flickr and am seriously impressed

Natjag is full of good advice, and I agree with everything he has said.

I am gobsmacked you took a photo of ladies pants!! :LOL: I would be mortified :D 8 is my favourite!!

Gary.

Back