Some pics from Scotland

Edit My Images
No
I think some of you may have seen these before at another forum, but since I had these processed and ready to post they seemed a good selection for a first post over here! :) All taken on holiday on the Cowal peninsula and in and around Fort Augustus, a couple of weeks back,

These were all shot with my D70, using either the kit lens, Sigma 150 or Tokina 12-24. Any thoughts welcome:

blue.jpg

perch.jpg

donan2.jpg

stare.jpg

forest.jpg

ness1.jpg

scotpower.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Welcome Carrot! nice to see you here mate.

Nice images, i will repeat what i said on the other forum, for the benefit of the other members here who arent users of OC to,

#1, #3, #7 are the best for me, i really like the lake and castle shots, though as i said before, the weather let you down with the sky on the caslte shot

the one with the mammouth is also good, an intrigueing shot!

Cracking shots there! :). 2, 3, 4 and 6 stand out to me. Shame about the sky in the castle shot but the composition's good. Just had a look at your website and there's some great shots there.

Thankee kindly, chaps. :) Just wish I could get out with the camera as often at home as I could up there. :)

DaveG said:
I really like No 6, what filters or post processing have you used to get that deep blue?

I would also like to know how you've got the deep blue on 6 & 7 as they are great pictures!

#6 almost came of the camera like that, believe it or not. I just checked, and all I've done is boost the exposure a little in RawShooter and then give it a little local contrast enhancement in PS.

#7 had the shadow contrast bumped up to 70 in RawShooter and the saturation increased by about the same. Then a shot of LCE in PS and I'd pretty much exhausted my post-processing madskillz. :D

Giving the LCE a whirl right now!
Great link, thanks :thumb:

EDIT: Excellent trick, it gives some excellent boost.
Now part of my workflow...nice one buddy!

Back