Some Pics From TT 2012

Name
Tony Goldsmith
Edit My Images
No
I haven't posted anything for a while but as the TT has just finished I thought I'd throw a few pics up starting with a few from practice week:

1. Gary Johnson on the exit of Ballagarey.
TT2012TGF-528-XL.jpg

2. Really pleased to see Ian Hutchinson back on a bike.
TT2012TGF-279-XL.jpg

3. Serious disappointment for Conor Cummins who didn't get to race due to a hand injury sustained at the North West 200.
TT2012TGF-1114-XL.jpg

4. Had to post this one as it's my friend Dave Quirk and passenger Paul Bumfrey who fulfilled a life long ambition by finishing Mondays 1st Sidecar race.
TT2012TGF-464-XL.jpg

5. An intense look from Guy Martin prior to a practice session.
TT2012TGF-1305-2-XL.jpg

6. Ryan Farquhar at Greeba Bridge.
TT2012TGF-1134-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning set of shots:clap::clap:My mate James Hillier had a pretty good race week,I think I may need to book a holiday for June next year(y)

All great shots fella. Good shooting!

Pity about the Senior being cut!

Don't know about that mate but it's very nice of you to say so. Will you be back next year?

I do, after being my first year and with the Senior being cancelled I though you would be paying me to stay away:D
Will be back, next year or the year after (the southern100 & NW 200 appeals) I was thinking along the lines of the fist saturday to the a week on the Monday to get hopefully the max action in the least amout of days holiday.
Got a bit awestruck this year and didn't nowhere make the most of the photo side but I had a great time watching and soaking up the atomsphere so I will be back because I have unfinished business (if you get my drift)

Thanks guys. Southern 100 is a fantastic event Graham, highly recommended.

7. Final shot from practice, Guy Martin on Monday evening just after Guthries.
TT2012TGF-348-XL.jpg

8. Gary Johnson at the top of Barregarrow during the Superbike race, one of my favorites from this year.
TT2012TGF-1776-XL.jpg

9. This shot of Dan Hegarty and Stefano Bonetti during the 1st Supersport race was taken remotely with a camera placed on a ground plate and triggered from my handheld camera.
TT2012TGF-2228-XL.jpg

10. Final one for now is of Michael Dunlop celebrating after winning the 2nd Supersport race.
TT2012TGF-3277-XL.jpg

More to follow.

Fantastic set all as good as each other would love to have been there

Much awesomeness from Tony - as Graham says, I've been waiting for these - your post is my annual pilgrimage to the TT :)

Love them all, but that #5 of Guy Martin..... that is the shot for me!

A lot of great shots there, loved both Guy Martin shots but 9 was my favourite.

These are some of the best photos I've ever seen from the TT, love them.:D The Guy shot (No7) is somthing very special though and would make a lovely poster.:clap:(y)

Thanks for posting them up, the only problem i have now is getting back in 2013 to see it for real myself again!:LOL:

Thanks very much everyone for the kind words. Here are a few more:

11. John McGuinness on his way to TT win no 18 in Saturdays Superbike TT.
TT2012TGF-1963-XL.jpg

12. I thought Michael Dunlop was trying to signal a problem to his crew when I took this. It wasn't until I saw the smiles on his teams faces that I realised he was trying wip a bit more horse power out his Supertwin machine.
TT2012TGF-3517-XL.jpg

13. Ryan Farquhar crosses the line to claim the inaugural 650cc Lightweight TT. I think this is my favourite shot from this years TT.
TT2012TGF-3521-XL.jpg

14. Another of John McGuinness this time at Ballaugh on his way to win no 19....legend.
TT2012TGF-2711-XL.jpg

15. Guy Martin through the top of Barregarrow on the final lap of the Superbike race.
TT2012TGF-1726-XL.jpg

16. And finally Ryan Farquhar lifting the new Lightweight trophy.
TT2012TGF-3549-XL.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who has left a comment. Roll on TT 2013, maybe we may even see desantnik here next year??

Tony

LOL! Maybe next year Tony, maybe... depends how the rest shapes up, which I won't know until about February :-/

You are right though, I love #12 too!

Awesome collection, was there myself but only for the last race day, to say I was gutted was an understatement, these shots have certainly cheered me up, booking next year now to arrive on the island during the end of practice week beginning of race week. Will post up what I did get shortly. The shot of Guy Martins face and the JMc (close to the hedge) are brill.

What brilliant pics,fab compositions,great colours,sharp with action,just terrific,Tony .(y):clap:

Now going to go back and a really good look. By the way fab lighting.

Pons

What's not to like about this stunning set, thanks very much for posting and sharing
your work.
seems you had a very worthwhile trip.
Top post.

Tony

Amazing Tony. That one of Gazza is tops. That's one very scary place....I was there in practice but further up. Great set. Only 49 weeks to go!

Really great set of images, inspiring shots, if I had to pick a favourite it would be #7.

Superb set :clap: not even going to pick a favourite as its the fourth time of looking and still cant (y)....keep geting drawn back to Guy's eyes though :woot:
Clive.

Cracking set of pics with (like everyone else I think) the shot of Guy's eyes being a real winner. If you want any crit at all the only tiny thing I think I could say is that No2 has Hutchie to far to the side of the shot that he is riding towards. Totally nit picking though as they are all superb.

Thanks again everyone.

I know what you mean about the Hutchie shot. I've cropped it like that as there was a big ugly scaffolding on the right side of the picture that I didn't like.

Back