Some Polo Inspiration

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right place, but please move it if necessary.

Something for the budding polo togs on here to have a look at. There is musical accompaniment so be careful if you are at work.;)

Click Here

Not sure if this is the right place, but please move it if necessary.

Something for the budding polo togs on here to have a look at. There is musical accompaniment so be careful if you are at work.;)

Click Here

Nice photos................sheesh they make me feel inadequate, wish mine were as good, thanks for the link.

Hmmmm.... The best ones are the off-pitch shots - some good innovation and interesting framing/composition going on. The action shots are all good, but nothing that made me go "wow". I do like the zoom-burst ones though - I'll have to give that a go.

I noticed quite a bit of dodging of the players faces. Usually the helmet casts a shadow on the face which makes it tricky getting the expressions of the riders to show properly. Works well - I should do that more. Lightroom v2 has a localised correction facility that should do the trick.

Superb location though.

Actually, have to admit that on first look I was very impressed, I have now had a look through again and it doesn't seem as good second time around. There are in fact a few shots that are repeated in the slideshow (The close up of the umpire with the whistle in his mouth is a good example) and I must admit, the shot of the rider with one leg half over the horse whilst mounting is hardly flattering. All that said, I would be very happy if I had taken the majority of those shots.

And more happy to be in Gstaad on a freebie :clap:

Now we're talking. I also know a couple of people who'll be playing in St Moritz and Klosters this winter so I'm working on that one at the moment! :D

I'm after a trip to the Argentine Open myself. I'd love 3-4 weeks over there during the UK winter.

I must be getting into this polo stuff - I recognise quite a few of the players in that Gstaad set.

Back