Some Polo Inspiration

Not sure if this is the right place, but please move it if necessary.

Something for the budding polo togs on here to have a look at. There is musical accompaniment so be careful if you are at work.;)

Click Here

Nice photos................sheesh they make me feel inadequate, wish mine were as good, thanks for the link.

Hmmmm.... The best ones are the off-pitch shots - some good innovation and interesting framing/composition going on. The action shots are all good, but nothing that made me go "wow". I do like the zoom-burst ones though - I'll have to give that a go.

I noticed quite a bit of dodging of the players faces. Usually the helmet casts a shadow on the face which makes it tricky getting the expressions of the riders to show properly. Works well - I should do that more. Lightroom v2 has a localised correction facility that should do the trick.

Superb location though.

Actually, have to admit that on first look I was very impressed, I have now had a look through again and it doesn't seem as good second time around. There are in fact a few shots that are repeated in the slideshow (The close up of the umpire with the whistle in his mouth is a good example) and I must admit, the shot of the rider with one leg half over the horse whilst mounting is hardly flattering. All that said, I would be very happy if I had taken the majority of those shots.

I'm after a trip to the Argentine Open myself. I'd love 3-4 weeks over there during the UK winter.

I must be getting into this polo stuff - I recognise quite a few of the players in that Gstaad set.

Back