Some red squirrels and a fox at Formby

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are just a couple from yesterday, that Ive managed to process :)

Be as brutal as you like, I'm a big boy :D

060629_5467w.jpg

f4, 1/200, 100mm, ISO 200

060629_5463w.jpg

f8, 1/200, 133mm, ISO 400

060629_5465w.jpg

f4.5, 1/160, 133mm, ISO 200

060629_5512w.jpg

f4, 1/200, 119mm, ISO 800

060629_5507w.jpg

f4, 1/200, 108mm, ISO 800

Kind Regards

Aww... they're really sweet - until you get to the last shot of the fox :eek: Those fangs, those eyes - they just look evil.

A great set - I miss the reds down South and the fox looks much better groomed that the mangy specimines in my son's London garden.

Three cracking shots there mate, I think I favour the second of the three not sure why just stands out a little more than the others. As for the foxes I like them, both have good DOF's to them you should be chuffed with them.

The last photo of the fox is a great capture! I think it would work better flipped horizontally. I dont' know what it is, but it just looks more natural with the fox looking to the left.

Still a good shot nonetheless.

-monkey

Lovely shots, especially of the fox. You don't see too many red squidgies these days, unfortunately, but they're great pics. Fat little sod, ain't he? ;)

TFS

Great set Marcel.

Its pity you missed the one taking nuts from my hand.

Now get signed up on Alamy and send these in.

Matt said:
Great set Marcel.

Its pity you missed the one taking nuts from my hand.

Now get signed up on Alamy and send these in.

:LOL:

How the hell do you get so close to these Red Squirrels Bod.:thinking:

Jeebus I have to stalk these buggers for hours in camouflage to get anything near as good as these..:crying:

Great set of images though.

PS: I will never forget your superb shot of the squirrel that IMO was the best I have ever seen. How about another look at it..:)

very nice marcel, still think you need that 20d?

I don't think i've ever seen a red in the wild if at all. Sad the way the greys have taken over so much their natural habitat

Well captured pal

Marcel said:
Here are just a couple from yesterday, that Ive managed to process :)

Be as brutal as you like, I'm a big boy :D

Kind Regards

The framing on the first fox shot sucks! :LOL:

The second fox makes up for it though - that's my pick of the bunch and the others are all first class.

matty said:
very nice marcel, still think you need that 20d?
We'll see come the weekend :p

Like i said on MSN mate, class shots :) Really like the portrait sqirrel one :D

At the risk of repeating ...

Great set of pics Marcel ... (y)

That squirrel is very Bhudda-esque ... imo ... :p

Foxes could do with some space to look into on the right ... :thinking:

Lovely though ... ;)

Thanks for all the kind words and comments.

I apologise for not replying sooner, but my internet has been poorly. I've been trying everything, from uninstalling drivers, manually deleteing windows updates (one by one, and having to restart inbetween them), tinkering in the bios, everything.

I did also get one of the first squirrel taking a nut off Matt. I'll upload a quick proof of it later.

Then on the offchance rebooted the router (I dont forget about that, honest).

Suffice to say, it seems to be working now :D

Anyway, like I say, many thanks for all your kind comments. It may sound cheesy, but its nice when people say kind things about my photos. (y)

They were all taken with my 350D and Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro thingy, also using a Canon Speedlite 550, kindly lent by Matt. (Which made all the difference).

The bottom fox shot, I was trying my usual arty angle type thing, but it didnt' really work. Unfortunately it turned out the fox had its gob like it did....If i'd have known what it was going to do before I pressed the shutter, I would have straightened up and saved the "try something new" for another shot..lol

CT you're right, the framing on the other fox shot sucks :p I will agree completely. I rattled a few off at that time, some had its ears backwards, but this was the more 'innocent / cute' of the poses.

It's always good at Formby because they do come really close, and it's even better when it's as quiet (visitors wise) as it was the other day, you have the place to yourself.

The problem I found when framing the squirrels were :

A : Waiting for them to stick their tail up in the air...
and
B : Have to decide whether to either include the tail and frame it looking off the right edge of the frame, or make the squirrel more central and cut the tail off.....Was quite hard to make such a conscious decision, all the while you're waiting for the buggers to sit still...lol

And yes, I really do want that 20D now.
What with my Sigma attached, and the 550, they both were almost bigger than the camera, I was holding the camera quite gingerly, it felt too small to have such big things attached to it...I kept thinking it felt too fragile..lol

Back