some ships, a train and no racing cars! (shocking eh?)

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
various locations in latvia from the weekend just gone

gp6351.jpg

1) the main thing i like about this one is the colours. believe it or not i hardly boosted the colours

gp6354.jpg

2) Ventspils harbour

3) deleted number 3 as it really was quite boring :)

gp6398.jpg

4) old loco on a film set

no need for critique really, as these are just holiday snaps.

No race tracks over there then? lol

That train is rather interesting,

stick to motorsports :LOL::LOL::LOL:
You are seriosuly a bloody good photographer but I dont feel that the above images do you any justice..
They just don't have enough punch. :thinking:

thanks for the compliment :)

but, like i say these are just some holiday snaps that i fancied sharing.

the train was huge! in some strange way i thought it was quite beautiful.

i know you don't want critique, but that train could have been a great subject.

i know you don't want critique, but that train could have been a great subject.

if only you knew how long i waited to get a shot of that train without people and kids climbing all over it. If only people would make some room for us togs :) :)

the problem was that as soon as they saw some english guy (err dressed as a german general - dont ask) climbing up it, then everyone wanted a piece :) It almost looked like one of those trains in India with everyone hanging off.
..and here i am :)

gp6397.jpg

if only you knew how long i waited to get a shot of that train without people and kids climbing all over it. If only people would make some room for us togs :) :)

the problem was that as soon as they saw some english guy (err dressed as a german general - dont ask) climbing up it, then everyone wanted a piece :) It almost looked like one of those trains in India with everyone hanging off.
..and here i am :)

gp6397.jpg

**backs slowly out of the room** :LOL:

I actually rather like the Ship shot [go on, say that several times quickly :naughty:], its nicely composed and a good angle, only crit is the top of the mast being missing.

The train IS strangely beautiful, try some exteme processing to bring out the rustiness and stuff ;)

welcome back :)

nope, no race tracks. they love rallying but not racing. prepare to see in in influx of Latvian drivers in the WRC soon

Ta, felt like a long time with no racing, feeling a tad rusty myself.

No Rally's on then, lol, i agree though you are better at the motorsport stuff.

Gary, as this is such a departure from your norm......you at least owe everyone an explanation of the outfit.....!!!!!!!

Gary, as this is such a departure from your norm......you at least owe everyone an explanation of the outfit.....!!!!!!!

no exciting mosley explanation i'm afraid :)
it was a film set for a war movie. so i got dressed as a german general for a laff. I wanted a proper helmet but the guy kept saying 'generals dont wear helmets!!'. so i didnt argue :)

Back