Some shots from my travels with my 40D and Tamron 17-50

Hi Rich, thanks for posting, I love travelling - off to Italy on Tuesday, and it's great to see other peoples shots from different places. I think you clearly have an eye for a shot, it's just a case of learning to use the softer better light to your advantage and maybe less is more with the processing perhaps.

Thanks Craig :) How would one go about making use of softer lighting? Are you referring to early morning or evening shots when the sun isn't as harsh perhaps? Or are there specific techniques i can make use of?
Rich

Hi Rich, thanks for posting, I love travelling - off to Italy on Tuesday, and it's great to see other peoples shots from different places. I think you clearly have an eye for a shot, it's just a case of learning to use the softer better light to your advantage and maybe less is more with the processing perhaps.
:agree:

I know it's a commonly taken shot, but I love the Yosemite tunnel view shot.

I know it's a commonly taken shot, but I love the Yosemite tunnel view shot.

Yep. Its a nice example with that lovely clear blue cloudless sky. I reckon it needs just a bit more space at the top as the left side trees look very close to the frame edge.

The sun overpowers one, the colour cast in two marrs a nice shot. The final is lovely, lovely colours and bright and clear but needs straightened

Yep. Its a nice example with that lovely clear blue cloudless sky. I reckon it needs just a bit more space at the top as the left side trees look very close to the frame edge.

The sun overpowers one, the colour cast in two marrs a nice shot. The final is lovely, lovely colours and bright and clear but needs straightened

Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Back