Some shots from Suffolk this evening

Edit My Images
No
I decided to head out to Shingle street this evening as the rain finally decided to stop. Was a great sunset although I was quite annoyed with myself as I changed position from a nice composition then some great light appeared & I couldn't get back in time to catch it. More patience needed!

Anyway here is what i got.

1, 1 second at f/11, iso 80, fl 16mm

Lonely House by tomh198218, on Flickr

2, 0.5 seconds at f/11, iso 80, fl 17mm

Shingle Street Terrace by tomh198218, on Flickr

3, 3 seconds at f/11, iso 80, fl 10mm

Shingle Street by tomh198218, on Flickr

Feedback welcome.

Same here Tom, I love No. 3.
I like the foreground detail, and something about man-made stuff being dwarfed by nature (the big ominous cloud); so the house is the right size in my opinion.

Three pleasing results Tom. (y)

2 & 3 are quite atmospheric, for want of a better word.

BTW, I'm to the South of Ipswich, so not too far from you.

Dave

Thanks for the comment Dave. Good to have another local on here! Do you do much landscape photography?

Hi Phil. These were all shot on a pentax k5. Number 1&3 with a Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 & number 2 with a pentax 17-70mm f4 lens. I also used a lee 0.6 hard grad filter on these.

Cheers

Landscape photography?

Yes, I try to Tom, as living in Constable Country, I'm not short of photogenic locations.

Dave

Landscape photography?

Yes, I try to Tom, as living in Constable Country, I'm not short of photogenic locations.

Dave

Yes there are some great spots in your area. I'm planning to have a trip down to Dedham/flatford soon!

Good choice of filter. Not too dark on the sky and not too long to make the FG unduly bright.

The sky's got a good range of tones in one and I like the low perspective.

Two IMHO is the best balanced and most interesting. I like the wide view, I wouldn't crop it as it gives a remote feel.

I get what you've done with three, and I too wouldn't crop it, but the slope of the land doesn't suit. The flatness of the land in two works better

Last edited:
Back