Some shrooms I think

Edit My Images
Yes
We went walking in the woods last weekend. If anyone can identify them all the better ta esp if they are edible :)

On_its_side_2_r.jpg

Orange_balls_r.jpg

Red_Fungi_r.jpg

tfl

the red one is called "Fly Aggaric" and is poisonous :puke:

Wouldn't like to say whether they were edible or not.

The bottom one looks similar to a young fly agaric, which are poisonous but also edible for a different reason :wacky::LOL:

you'll have to explain that one :thinking:

I thought mushrooms had a dark underside and poisonous toadstools where light in colour. (But don't ask me to test it out:D)

The 2nd one looks like 'Cep' or 'Penny Bun' - Boletus Edulus - which is edible.

Where were the photos taken? Looks good.

I like macro photography, i wonder if thats what i will shoot more and more?

I would go along with Penny Bun(Boletus Edulis) as area seems right, widespread in N temperate woods down to the Medittarranean.

Without getting too heavy here - none of us can positively identify whether fungi is edible from an abstracted image. I teach edible foraging as part of my work and theres no way I would say yes you can eat this to anything that I have not smelt, looked at very closely, broken a piece off and sometimes taken home to compare to my field guides.

I know this was only originally meant as a joke comment, but there is a lot of misconceptions out there and some of them are really quite silly - like putting some on your lip and seeing if it stings.:puke:

Having said all that, there are loads and loads of edible mushrooms out there, a lot more that we get taught when we are kids. You just need a good book, lots a patience and the willpower to not eat it if you can't ID 100 per cent.
You'll live longer that way.

1st has a feathery ring on the stem. I was always taught that 'shrooms with a ring are a no-no. Same with red ones.

I posted the pics not only because I was quite pleased with my amatuer efforts (but I am easliy pleased at times) I also asked if anyone could identify them then asked if any might edible. :shrug:

As I have no good shroom books, in fact none at all, the one I had as child is long gone unless it is among the Ladybird books in my sisters attic back in Scotland, so I cannot look them up. Also as I live in Spain and my spanish is not good enough to understand a book all in spanish looks like I had better go find a book with pictures in.

Thanks for looking and replying.

Sorry, forgot to comment on the photos! I like them, especially number 2. They look like a little family all huddled together. I know how difficult it is to shoot fungi. One tip is to get down low and try to shoot at their level. You can sometimes get a nice uncluttered blue sky or green field as a backdrop (but not in a woodland).

As for the ID. I would go on amazon and check out some used books. Its always best to have a couple to refer to. Or, if you are in a rural place - ask the old folk. They'll find you funny asking such obvious questions and in crappy Spanish should make things interesting.

I once had a huge wasp land on my bare foot in the jungle, and I asked the guide if they were dangerous and replied yes! I asked if they can kill you and he replied yes! I later found out that he didn't speak English and 'yes' gets positive responses so he says it to almost every question!

Happy foraging and photoing!

There are more fungi from that walk in my gallery here. I used my mini tripod for most of them but not the red one .. had left it in the car :shake:

Thanks for looking and comments :)

Had a quick look at your gallery. You have an eye for fungi. Some are edible there, some definitely aren't. I'll leave it up to you to find out which is which, but if you want a little assistance then you can PM me.

Back