Some Sigma 18-35mm flowers

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Arundel Castle yesterday and since you can't photograph inside the castle, I made the most of the gardens in the nice weather :) I had my 100mm macro in the bag but I decided to stick with the 18-35mm. It works quite nicely for flowers as long as you don't want to get too close.

Bright Flower by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Not entirely sure this works all that well but I like it nonetheless
Flower Satellite Dish by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Flower in the corner by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Flowers by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Not quite a closer up but it has flowers in it ;) Arundel Cathedral from a location in the gardens.
Arundel Cathedral and garden by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

It's a Fly! by Etienne Fournier, on Flickr

Last edited:
It has a very pleasant bokeh does the Sigma there love warm shots showing this spell of weather off nicely, good set indeed Etienne (y)

Man why do you always have the lens I want... ;)

Interest to see it with tube on.. Some wide angle macro :)

Man why do you always have the lens I want... ;)

Interest to see it with tube on.. Some wide angle macro :)

Unfortunately, I already tried with my Canon 25mm tube and it wouldn't focus at all (manually or AF). The minimum focus distance is pretty short any way but you won't get much magnification for the smaller critters.

Unfortunately, I already tried with my Canon 25mm tube and it wouldn't focus at all (manually or AF). The minimum focus distance is pretty short any way but you won't get much magnification for the smaller critters.

25mm with 18mm would be too close as you'll focus inside the lens a 12mm should work ok. :D

25mm with 18mm would be too close as you'll focus inside the lens a 12mm should work ok. :D

Well look at you and your tube related knowledge! I think I tried at the 35mm zoom end of the lens too but that didn't seem to work? Not sure if that's just because of the way the lens is designed?

Well look at you and your tube related knowledge! I think I tried at the 35mm zoom end of the lens too but that didn't seem to work? Not sure if that's just because of the way the lens is designed?

Maybe .... probably focusing inside the lens. shame that :( are you going to get the 24-35mm sigma?

Maybe .... probably focusing inside the lens. shame that :( are you going to get the 24-35mm sigma?

If I was moving to FF then I might consider it but I probably won't. My next lens will probably be a 70-200mm F2.8L mk2 but that won't be for a while lol. I need something to fill the gap I have between 35mm and 100mm and between 100 and 200mm so that would be a good start. Shame about the price tag!

Back