Some Sparrows

Name
Stacy
Edit My Images
Yes
Was another lovely day this morning, so got myself comfortable in the garden and snapped a few shots of the birds. As usual, any critique on them is welcomed, particularly about exposure/focus etc.

5482248768_56e5fd9a28_z.jpg

5482239844_8677c0a548_z.jpg

5482245318_e50e13d2b0_z.jpg

I personally am so happy with these photos - they are by far the best bird pictures I have ever taken! I can see myself improving already, after only a few weeks, so very chuffed with myself! :clap:

Nice shots Stacy. You have good eye focus on each of the birds.

No1 - Whilst a good shot it is spoilt by the feeder, especially the bright blue label. Try setting up perches adjacent and away from the feeder to get birds to land on and wait their turn to feed. This is the best way to capture them without a busy background.

No2 - A decent shot but a busy background which you could not do much about seeming the Sparrow is so close to it.

N03 - In my opinion is the best of the 3, especially up against the nice blue sky.

Regards: Gordon

Nice shots Stacy. You have good eye focus on each of the birds.

No1 - Whilst a good shot it is spoilt by the feeder, especially the bright blue label. Try setting up perches adjacent and away from the feeder to get birds to land on and wait their turn to feed. This is the best way to capture them without a busy background.

No2 - A decent shot but a busy background which you could not do much about seeming the Sparrow is so close to it.

N03 - In my opinion is the best of the 3, especially up against the nice blue sky.

Regards: Gordon

Thanks so much for your critique Gordon (y)

with regards to no1 - it really isn't the best location - my gran popped the feeders at the end of our hedge, but we can have a play about with it, and cut away some leaves to try and make more perches for photo ops! :)

I agree with yourself that my favourite shot is number 3 - the sky was so clear and it just looks lovely against it.

Back