Some views from my local area.

Name
jaime
Edit My Images
Yes
These are some pictures that I took from very close to my house. I haven't done much to them just a sharpen. Any comments would be welcome.

the_ponds_copy.jpg

calton_hil_copy.jpg

hibs_stadium_copy.jpg

That first one looks very soft Jamie. The EXIF info says it was 1/40 at F2.6. To get everyting sharp from near to infinity in a landscape like that, you need to use a much smaller aperture, usually around F8 or F11, which of course means a much longer shutter speed and the use of a tripod. Shame because it's a nice sky and potentially a nice shot.

I haven't looked at the EXIF info for no2 but again it's rather soft.

No 3 is by far the best shot. Have a play with the processing and see if you can pull up a bit more foreground detail. It's an ambitious shot shooting straight into the sun like that... well done for giving it a go. (y)

I'm sure there's a good shot there struggling to get out if you work from the original file. :)

Generated_HDR_-_Tone_mapped2.jpg

I agree with what CT said. If you don't have a tripod put the camera down on something where you get the right view and use the timer to trigger the shutter. Take the shot as you would normally then experiment with other settings to see if the result looks better.

Nice sky in that first one if it had been clearer. Last one I prefer your colour one to the edit - mainly because I can see the foreground in CTs version and it looks like a building site!

I am going to doff my cap to CT. The first two are so soft (out of focus) that I really gave up on the third yet he has revealed some great detail there.

You obviously had a scene in your minds eye and set out to record it. You now need to get your skills to catch up with your imagination ( this is good - many people have skills and no imagination :)). The last shot shows that you managed to capture the best parts so a little time on post processing is now required.

Keep at it, I am going to look forward to your next submissions! (y)

Thanks, I agree with all your comments. Getting there!:)

Back