Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
All taken one early morning at Arbroath Harbour

Sunrise_vertical.jpg

Arbroath_Harbour-4.jpg

Gulls_at_Arbroath.jpg

Absolutely love the third, loads to keep your interest, excellent flowing comp, if it had a smidgen more DOF, it would be a killer image.

What a great trio of shots Janice! #1 and #2 would look great printed biiiig! :clap:

#3 is also a stonker!

Love 'em! (y)

Number 2 is stunning..I love the way the sun is shining from behind the cloud :)

No 1 is a bit bland imo (but that's Arbroath for you:D:D).

No 2, I really like, great rays coming out of the clouds(y)(y)

Can't really see the point of focus on No 3, th0 it does have interesting composition. Might have been better with a wave breaking higher but you can't control things like that I suppose

Last edited:
As already said, I just LOVE the rays coming out from behind the cloud in #2.

No 2, very nice indeed - well caught

Last edited:
Cant choose between the first 2. Both different, both great.

#1 shows the texture on the sea but that sky in #2 is just WOW. All very good but #2 for me ;)

I'v come back to this a few times and for reasons I can't explain I like no.1:thinking: :)

#2, love the rays, that's a stunning image (y) It's the sort of thing I'd put up on my wall

Thanks folks. I think no.2 is my favourite too. I just like that little bit of blue in the sky top right that gives it an extra something.

Thanks again for your comments. (y)

#2 is very good Janice, the rays coming out from behind the clouds always work well and the colours are fantastic...(y)

The others are not really my cup of tea,sorry.

Excellent Janice. No 2 is a special image, I really like it.

Andy

Nice shots Janice. No.2 for sheer oomph, No. 3 for the lovely curve composition but No.1 needs something IMHO. Could you clone in a seagull or a boat or something?

Nice photos, but No 2 also my favourite. No 3 would look better if you boosted the levels and selectively toned the colours to give them a bit more punch.

Thanks for your comments. When I boosted the levels I lost all the detail in that right hand curve and it went into shadow.

The green of the concrete was SOOOO GREEN that I had to tone it down a bit actually!!!

Hope "O Green One" doesnt see that comment above... come to think of it.. where is he lately? :shrug:

Back