Some wild birds from South Africa

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
The IQ on some these is not as good as I would have hoped for, but using a Sigma 120-300 with a 1.4 TC hand held does have its problems. Hopefully this post will give an example of what can be seen in this wonderful country.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Click on a pic for large!

Click South Africa August 2009 to see the full set to date​

All great birds brilliantly captured.
#7 a real stand out shot.

keith(y)

Great shots as usual John. They look sharp enough at these sizes, but kudos to handholding the Siggy, I've felt what it weighs! :eek:

The Korhaan (5) and Bee eater (7) are the pick for me.

South Africa is a twitcher's paradise. I managed to shoot most of these birds in a suburban garden near Johannesburg in one day last Easter so out in the bush you should see even more.

Thats an excellent sharp well exposed set.......the only slight crit is that some could benefit from a bit more room around the bird.....but still a fantastic set (y)

Great shots as usual John. They look sharp enough at these sizes, but kudos to handholding the Siggy, I've felt what it weighs! :eek:

The Korhaan (5) and Bee eater (7) are the pick for me.

OK I did use a monpod for some of the shots ;) Thanks for comments and agree about this place being a twitchers paradise - I am not even that interested in birds, but how can you resist when there is such an abundance of beautiful things to photograph?

Very interesting set.... No.4 looks a bit grumpy!

:D Thanks.

Thats an excellent sharp well exposed set.......the only slight crit is that some could benefit from a bit more room around the bird.....but still a fantastic set (y)

Have you seen how big these birds are? They take up the whole frame! :LOL:

I do take the point about the tight crops, thanks.

All great birds brilliantly captured.
#7 a real stand out shot.

keith(y)

Thanks Keith :cool:

Back