someone explain this to me

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
i'm just deciding who to vote in the London Mayor elections for before i got to the polling station.

I just read this in the BNP leaflet, and I dont know if I'm being stupid or missing something.

its a quote from a potential voter:

'I'm voting BNP because I'm Irish and the BNP are the only party that cares about the indigenous peoples of these islands. Our jobs are under threat from economic migrants and only the BNP will protect our interests'

Indigenous? Irish? eh? I'm confused

:tumbleweed:

I can smell hot potatoes!! no-one like touching em!! lol..:exit:

the only thing that shows any sort of intellegence in the BNP canvasing is that they know EXACTLY how to push peoples buttons by targeting topics like imigration, PC madness etc, funny how you hardly ever hear about their policies on education, the environment, agriculture and farming etc........ most likely because they dont have any that actually hold any water and as such would be completely useless if they got into power.

now im all for getting rid of the shiesters we currently have in power, but replacing them with dribbling idiots wouldnt really be progression would it!

i'm just confused as to why they are quoting an immigrant who wants to vote to kick out immigrants..
or are Irish not counted as Immigrants? I'm assuming she means she is from Eire

you guys might be right about the hot potato thing.. i might live to regret starting this thread :)

My ex-brother in-law is Nepalese, he tried to join the local National Front branch but they wouldn't take him.

No joke, no punchline, just shows that being British has nothing to do with ethnic origin :clap:

i'm just confused as to why they are quoting an immigrant who wants to vote to kick out immigrants..
i might live to regret starting this thread :)

No Thats cool
I guess the guy was just "having" a bit of a paddy :shrug:

Please could you reference your source to justify this remark!

The bit I quoted! i.e. The bit about kicking immigrants out.

I think I have your answer Gary - a quote direct from the BNP website...

We would abolish state-supported segregation in education. In the long run, we wish to end the conflict in Ireland by welcoming Eire as well as Ulster as equal partners in a federation of the nations of the British Isles.

So, the Irish are not classed as immigrants ;)

mind you, they also say...

and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.

:thinking: no comment on how they are going to fund this or how the they going to pursuade 'British' people to take the jobs those migrants are happy to do that no one else will. but hey ho, sure they got plenty of votes by pressing the right buttons.

The bit I quoted! i.e. The bit about kicking immigrants out.

wasnt sure if you meant about kicking immigrants out or about Irish being immigrants.

whilst they dont say they want to kick immigrants out (i admit i got that bit confused with one of the other even more right wing parties running for election), they do say this:

'whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.'

if i was a BNP voter i wouldnt want my tax paying money to generously pay for immigrants to 'go home' LOL

oops, sorry LL just realised i quoted exactly the same bit as you :)

Reading some of the manifestos of the other representatives for the Mayor I would say that they make the BNP look almost left wing :)

Whilst I dont agree with the policies of these far right wing parties I do think they have a place in the political system. Its very arrogant to say things like 'Ban the BNP'. Just because you dont agree with them (which i dont) doesnt mean they shouldnt have a voice.

Whilst I dont agree with the policies of these far right wing parties I do think they have a place in the political system. Its very arrogant to say things like 'Ban the BNP'. Just because you dont agree with them (which i dont) doesnt mean they shouldnt have a voice.

That's a very good statement.

On the question of political anomalies, can somebody answer this one.

If we live in a democratic society, and that MP's are at Westminster to represent their constituents, why are parties allowed to tell their MP's that they must vote in a particular direction ? Surely, an MP should reflect the feelings of their constituents ?

Never could understand this one.....

as an observation I would say it is the policies and inactions of the mainstream parties which has allowed the BNP to grow and become more acceptable to a disenfranchised public.

One wonders whether in the future they will actually wield some real power. And if you think that's crazy, who would have thought an ex IRA commander would be elected Deputy First Minister in the NI Assembly many years later?

It's a strange old world...

as an observation I would say it is the policies and inactions of the mainstream parties which has allowed the BNP to grow and become more acceptable to a disenfranchised public.

One wonders whether in the future they will actually wield some real power. And if you think that's crazy, who would have thought an ex IRA commander would be elected Deputy First Minister in the NI Assembly many years later?

It's a strange old world...

good point.

and was only recent history that saw the Nazi party come to power in Germany. It can happen again and one day probably will.

If we live in a democratic society, and that MP's are at Westminster to represent their constituents, why are parties allowed to tell their MP's that they must vote in a particular direction ? Surely, an MP should reflect the feelings of their constituents ?

Never could understand this one.....

Me neither. I stopped voting in general elections many years ago after our local MP wrote an open letter to the newspaper stating that "no matter how much lobbying I receive from constituents, I cannot vote against my conscience"
I admire his principles but, to me, that statement means that he should not be putting himself forward as an elected representative.

Bob

Funny thing about this country is that it depends on migrants and always has done! The roads of London were Tarmacced by Italian migrants due to the British refusing to do such a horrible dangerous job (Dont forget years ago there were no safety standards!)

Also a lot of the "Immigrants" come from ex-british (Or should I say Invaded) countries!

What it really boils down to in my opinion is people needing someone to point at! Lets be fair, theres plenty of British born and bred dole bums, not just foreigners!

Give me an immigrant surgeon over a true brit dole basher any day!

The only people that truely annoy me is those who deliberately bum off the state! Not those who CANT work, just those who WONT!

*Steps off soapbox*

The only people that truely annoy me is those who deliberately bum off the state! Not those who CANT work, just those who WONT!

*Steps off soapbox*

maybe we should push for a new tv show called "can't work, wont work" where they get members of the non working public on, put them through a series of tests as well as ask them questions and at the end the audience get to decide if they "CAN'T WORK" or "WON'T WORK"

they could even reuse the cards from cant cook wont cook if they need to(y)

maybe we should push for a new tv show called "can't work, wont work" where they get members of the non working public on, put them through a series of tests as well as ask them questions and at the end the audience get to decide if they "CAN'T WORK" or "WON'T WORK"

they could even reuse the cards from cant cook wont cook if they need to(y)

Hasn't Jeremy Kyle already done that show? ;)

Funny thing about this country is that it depends on migrants and always has done! The roads of London were Tarmacced by Italian migrants due to the British refusing to do such a horrible dangerous job (Dont forget years ago there were no safety standards!)

Also a lot of the "Immigrants" come from ex-british (Or should I say Invaded) countries!

What it really boils down to in my opinion is people needing someone to point at! Lets be fair, theres plenty of British born and bred dole bums, not just foreigners!

Give me an immigrant surgeon over a true brit dole basher any day!

*Steps off soapbox*

spot on

Back