Someone will probably enjoy this...

Brilliant, I think I actually understood that (though would fail a test!)

This is pretty interesting! Can anyone explain to me why there is a filter between the blue and green layers, but not between the green and red layers?

This is pretty interesting! Can anyone explain to me why there is a filter between the blue and green layers, but not between the green and red layers?
The blue layer is only sensitive to blue light. Red and green layers are both sensitive to blue light as well as the colours they are intended to be sensitive to.

Blue light has more energy than green or red light and will affect all photographic material. In order to make the green and red layers sensitive to any light, they have dyes added. The dye added to the green layer does not make it sensitive to red light and the dye added to the red layer does not make it sensitive to green light. The blue layer has no dye added to it as it is not necessary.

The blue layer is only sensitive to blue light. Red and green layers are both sensitive to blue light as well as the colours they are intended to be sensitive to.

Blue light has more energy than green or red light and will affect all photographic material. In order to make the green and red layers sensitive to any light, they have dyes added. The dye added to the green layer does not make it sensitive to red light and the dye added to the red layer does not make it sensitive to green light. The blue layer has no dye added to it as it is not necessary.

Brilliant, thank you! :)

Back