Somerset Levels - Ashton Mill & Burrow Mump with a very bright moon

jfb

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out doing some shoots and thought I would try some shots of Ashton Mill at Chapel Allerton, while the big moon really did not help it did throw some nice light & detail on the mill. A couple of shots:

First using Tamron 15 30 f2.8

JohnBaker-JFBX8049-Small.jpg

The bright light also allowed me to use my 8-15 Fisheye zoom

JohnBaker-JFBX8065-Small.jpg

JohnBaker-JFBX8057-Small.jpg

We then moved over to Burrow Mump to see who that looked at night, shooting again with the fisheye zoom both at 15mm and at 8mm

While there was a lot of pollution, I really like the details from the moon and it was nice to shoot at 800 ISO rather than the 8,000 I normally shot my astro :)

JohnBaker-JFBX8066-Small.jpg

JohnBaker-JFBX8082-Small.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set john, I like the one of the church most

Reactions: jfb
Nice set john, I like the one of the church most
Thanks TIlz, I was not expecting much with the very bright moon, so I was chuffed to get these. Burrow Mump is a really nice location, a bit like a mini Glasto, but it is still a lump to climb at the end of a long day :)

I like the fisheye windmill image. Overall a nice set.
Thanks Peter, I was trying to replicate a couple of shots I took at Melin Llynon, Llanddeusant in Anglesey a couple of years back - a couple of examples below, both of these were shot on the 8-15mm, no moon, so a nicer Milky Way - the big dollop of light pollution is possibly Liverpool

John Baker - 003.jpg John Baker - 002.jpg

Back