Somerset Levels Panoramic

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone, not posted in for an absolute age so thought Id just add a photo from the weekend and see what some of you thought!

Was a shot that Ive had planned for about 3 years but Ive never managed to get to the location with the conditions as I wanted so was really happy last sunday morning when it all came together!

The photo is a stitch of 12 shots edited in Photoshop cs6.

Thanks for looking....

8085929249_3e22ea3b25.jpg
[/url]
The Somerset Levels in the Mist by Photography by Ian Lewis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Absolutely gorgeous Ian, where was your vantage point if you don't mind sharing ???

That's a smashing image Ian.

I'm very tempted to take a trip there myself on Saturday conditions permitting ( at the moment they are looking great but a lot can change in two days :D ) I'll probably shoot from Glastonbury tor, a friend of mine shoots from there a lot and gets some cracking stuff.

Fantastic (y)

My home county. I love going back to visit, such a beautiful place and perfectly captured in your image.

I reckon is taken from Burrow Mump ....................... or from Glastonbury Tor. In other words i 've no idea ;)

Is it not Glastonbury tor in the background?

That's what i thought but then i convinced myself it wasn't because Ian's position looks too high for it to have been taken from Burrow Mump. The two look quite similar from a distance to the untrained eye i.e mine.

That's what i thought but then i convinced myself it wasn't because Ian's position looks too high for it to have been taken from Burrow Mump. The two look quite similar from a distance to the untrained eye i.e mine.

:shrug: I don't know, I'd never heard of Burrow Mump....:LOL:

That is a very nice and well executed images, the mist and the colours are spelndid and the Tor in the distace surounded by mist captures the spirit of Avalon!!

I agree with everybody else, my only criticism is that it's too small, it would be good to see it bigger (I did look at the largest size on flickr) so the detail really shows through.

Like Chris, I'd recommend people should look at is on Flickr's black background. Really makes the colours stand out. Still subdued, but they truly pop on a dark background.

Bigger is better! I had it printed at 40 inches wide and you can look at it for ages and see things that you hadn't noticed before!!

Yes I agree, but the point is it's only 1024 on the longest side, even at full size on flickr, so it's very difficult to see the detail :) Obiviously I don't expect you to put the full size image on, but something maybe double the size would be a lot better...of course that's up to you though.

That really is a well executed pano - lovely shot from a lovely vantage point!!

One for the wall!

Matt

Fantastic.....being Somerset born and bred, it is a wonderfully familiar sight! Was it taken from Deer Leap, on the way to Wookey Hole, by any chance?

I think Wells is probably just off to the left.

Back