Somerset meet piccies

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
These are a few of my images from the recent Somerset meet.
Here's a link to the original meet-up thread including my summary of what we got up to.

The light wasn't the best.
Overcast to start with, then rapidly cleared leaving a heavy haze and a cloudless sky.
We've had spectacular fiery sunsets almost every night except this one - DOH!
It was an excellent day out and I hope we'll be doing something similar again before too long.

These are the first photos I've put up for C&C and given the conditions I don't feel I did too badly.
I'll be interested to see what the feedback is like.

1) It's not the rain-forest; this is Somerset! Intrepid TP photographers venture deep into the Tolkeinesque depths in search of images.
20090926-154849-IMG_1726.jpg

2) Explorer John
20090926-155357-IMG_1734.jpg

3) Verdant greenery
20090926-155636-IMG_1746.jpg

4) Enormous ferns
20090926-163019-IMG_1758.jpg

5) Glastonbury Tor
20090926-170351-IMG_1770.jpg

Nice shots. Sorry I couldnt make it, the missus was insisting I take her to the seaside.

Were the sunset ones taken up towards deerleap(?) road btw?

Nice shots. Sorry I couldnt make it, the missus was insisting I take her to the seaside.

Were the sunset ones taken up towards deerleap(?) road btw?
We got permission to go to Higher Pitts Farm - you will need a decent map to find that - LOL
It's on the other side of Ebbor Gorge from Deer Leap.
As it happens, it's almost exactly above where you took your panorama, the field with the trees at the top in your panorama is in the bottom of some of my shots. It's a wonderful bit of limestone that sticks out the side of the Mendips giving a worlds top 10 picnic spot and not a bad spot to photograph the setting sun either.

Back