Somerset Steam Railway

Name
K
Edit My Images
No
Here are a couple of shots that I took last year and didn't really think much of them in their natural colour state as what little sky that is visible looks extremely overexposed.
Anyhow I fiddled with them a bit using Nik Software plugin Silver Efex Pro that I am currently playing around with and I think I have managed to save them from the dreaded recycle bin. :)

I first desaturated and then applied Antique Plate style which I think lends itself to these images. I also cloned out the 20th century light bulbs in the lamp posts.

I would appreciate any C&C.

#1​
SomersetSteamRailway4.png
#2​
SomersetSteamRailway3.png

One word "Timeless" (y)

I like the second one but the only thing that annoys me about it is the roof on the shed touching the roof on the shelter. I'm a fan of timeless looking images. These are nice efforts.

Yes, I love them! In fact, it even fooled my expert eyes in thinking they were really actual originals.
I tried to look out for anything that could give the game away but I just couldn't see anything, which made it obvious that you've paid a lot of attention to detail and how well you approached the whole thing.
I believe that if any heavy processing has to be carried out on a shot, then this kind of thing is the best way to go about it.

One word "Timeless" (y)

Cheers :beer:

I like the second one but the only thing that annoys me about it is the roof on the shed touching the roof on the shelter. I'm a fan of timeless looking images. These are nice efforts.

I know exactly what you mean about the roof, this in fact was the first shot I took because I wanted to get the old suit cases and part of the station in the frame but I couldn't get away from the clash of roofs because the track was only a single line and the station was fairly short.
If I took the shot from a lower position it wouldn't have looked as good as eye level.
A real bummer.
Thanks for commenting. :)

K, very effective, and loads of atmosphere. As boozybill says, timeless. I like the subtle vignetting.

Thanks, I wish I could say that I spent hours mastering it but with technology these days you don't really have to think that much. :)

Yes, I love them! In fact, it even fooled my expert eyes in thinking they were really actual originals.
I tried to look out for anything that could give the game away but I just couldn't see anything, which made it obvious that you've paid a lot of attention to detail and how well you approached the whole thing.
I believe that if any heavy processing has to be carried out on a shot, then this kind of thing is the best way to go about it.

I am glad you like them, :) I did make a boo boo :wacky: originally though, I posted the shots to my flickr thinking all was well and was quite happily having a look at them there only to discover I had left in the light bulbs, they didn't really go with the whole yesteryear theme. :nuts:
I couldn't believe I missed them first time round as they were almost glowing, they stood out that much.

Back