Something a little different.

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Water2.jpg

My first attempt. i think i know what ill do differently this time but some feedback would be awesome! :)

Last edited:
Oh i also meant to say as well! that it was my first attempt at thinking of lighting. I set a flash up to light the background and i had a table lamp with a vest over the top the light the vase. I took about 200 photo most of which were test shots! and this is on the usable one really!

If people like it i can also make a how to if you want as im going to redo it again soon to see what other effects i can get!

im undecided on whether i like it or not to be honest.... very unusual

what did you do to capture this??

I quite like this. It carried me back in time to the early 70's with lava lamps, blonde girls in kaftans (look it up), and people smoking funny cigarettes.

I like the effect. Perhaps the bit at the top could be a bit cleaner where it's dribbled over the edge. The lighting is quite good. A vest... LOL :LOL:

Thanks dudd! Yes it was a mistake on my part being silly while squeezing the soap in! it was the only useable one though!

Yeah a vest over a table lamp worked a treat on honesty! not got m studio equipment (still saving!) so i use what ever i can find around the house!

I think I would cut off the top and maybe even the bottom, so the liquid framed the shot

That's a great idea and think you've nearly got it. Agree with the crop the top and bottom, think this will focus more on the liquid.

Also, If it were mine (and this is subjective) think I would have tried for a bit more light on the background foe a more even, whiter white which should (theoretically) make the colours and the vase a bit more contrasty and help them stand out more.

You could probably to this in Gimp or something similar if re-shooting isn't an attractive proposition.

Otherwise I think it's great

I would have loved a little more backlight but with a lack of lighting it wasnt really an option :-( i would like to try it with more lighting and 2 vibrant colours in honesty, to give it more contrast. I might try some thick paint or something to see if that works.

I would have loved a little more backlight but with a lack of lighting it wasnt really an option :-( i would like to try it with more lighting and 2 vibrant colours in honesty, to give it more contrast. I might try some thick paint or something to see if that works.

(y) I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Great concept shot and loads of potential. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this idea.

Back