Something arrived from Hong Kong today.....

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Arrived 2 days after placing an order....

Ahhh - that familiar green packaging - feels like I'm getting drugs smuggled in from the far east.....

2368666479_932202bbfd_o.jpg

Ooooo - what's this I see.....????

2369500534_1909c7c505_o.jpg

2368666901_b7bcbffd3d_o.jpg

.......Yay - it's a lens hood..............but, wait - - - - - - - - - -

2368667015_630c15595a_o.jpg

........... I wonder what goes in there >>>>>>>??????????????

2368667157_6bbf81673a_o.jpg

...could it be?????????

....nah..........

wellllll, maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!!

2369500698_09f4a367f8_o.jpg

2369501486_a8506fcf32_o.jpg

2369501996_df210386a9_o.jpg

2368668249_98153a27ce_o.jpg

£555.99 from Onestop Digital. No customs duty.

I take it I can also go and collect some cashback from Canon???

Took a few sample shots while stuck indoors on a rainy night... looking OK so far, but I'm going to be up at the crack of dawn taking some shots in daylight.

I want to see the rain try and stop me. :bat:

2369702970_3fecdccbeb_o.jpg

2369703808_e9e1ee287e_o.jpg

i was looking at getting a lens from there but i was put off by the fact they only had 6 month return to base warranty in hong kong :shake: and no canon warranty & you cant use canon cashback :crying:

That is excellent service from HK ... :eek: ... enjoy your new toy come rain or shine then ... :D

:p

i was looking at getting a lens from there but i was put off by the fact they only had 6 month return to base warranty in hong kong :shake: and no canon warranty & you cant use canon cashback :crying:

Oh well ... :sulk:

Still, I'm saving quite a bit over say Jessops - £689.99 (or £644.99 with the cashback) I'll just make sure I DON'T drop the damn thing! ;)

Still, I'm saving quite a bit over say Jessops - £689.99 (or £644.99 with the cashback) I'll just make sure I DON'T drop the damn thing! ;)

ive never broke or dropped any of my camera gear and as you said its a good saving , enjoy it (y)

That is excellent service from HK ... :eek: ... enjoy your new toy come rain or shine then ... :D

:p

Incredibly fast service. 44 hours from the time I pressed 'go' for the order on their site, to a knock at my door from FedEx. Don't know how they manage to avoid customs. It was the same with a Sigma lens I bought from them a month ago. :woot:

One Stop Digital is VERY good. My 70-200 f/2.8 L was delivered next day!

The way the avoid the customs is by claiming the lens to be repaired. Look at your invoice, it will say the package's contents is a 'Repaired lens' (even though it's brand new). When passed to customs they just think that you have sent your lens over to HK to be repaired and returned.

Pretty sneaky, not sure if it's legal :D

One Stop Digital is VERY good. My 70-200 f/2.8 L was delivered next day!

The way the avoid the customs is by claiming the lens to be repaired. Look at your invoice, it will say the package's contents is a 'Repaired lens' (even though it's brand new). When passed to customs they just think that you have sent your lens over to HK to be repaired and returned.

Pretty sneaky, not sure if it's legal :D

Ah - I see :LOL:

Of course, my lens 'was' repaired.... OK..... :cautious::exit:

I think they use a dartboard at customs, years ago I ordered a star wars poster, it came in a tube with a nice £12 customs bill stuck on the side which I had to give to the postie before he'd let me have it.

a few weeks ago I wanted a HDMI switcher, they were 1/2 price in the US but the post doubled the price, it was the same post cost for 10 as it was for one so I asked around AV forums found some buyers and bought 10.

The box was huge with a big invoice stuck on the side with CUSTOMS DECLARATION and $550 as the value.

not a dicky bird from customs, bizarre:shrug:

I think they use a dartboard at customs, years ago I ordered a star wars poster, it came in a tube with a nice £12 customs bill stuck on the side which I had to give to the postie before he'd let me have it.

a few weeks ago I wanted a HDMI switcher, they were 1/2 price in the US but the post doubled the price, it was the same post cost for 10 as it was for one so I asked around AV forums found some buyers and bought 10.

The box was huge with a big invoice stuck on the side with CUSTOMS DECLARATION and $550 as the value.

not a dicky bird from customs, bizarre:shrug:
You got parcel force on a good day.:clap:

FedEx, if they are going to collect Duty, send an invoice a week or so after the delivery, just when you're getting used to your new toy and the less severe dent it caused in your bank balance.

In my case I emailed their Help contact pointing out two errors in their calculation and they waived the whole bill.

I import a lot of stuff and customs is, indeed, very random. By all accounts they pick x no. of containers and go through them, whereas the rest sail through unchecked. It's the luck of the draw which one your parcel is in.

Am surprised with Fedex though - usually NOTHING gets past them!

Enjoy your new toy. :)

my OH ordered a carpel tunnel exercise book from USA and she had to pay something like £10.Ive had to pay £4-5 sometimes when i have ordered a dvd aswell.

i got mine for £625 from Jessops, (pricematch), but that was before the cashback started again :(

Are you sure you don't get Canon cashback from onestop digital?
I'm just glad most of the lenses I buy are Sigma, which have 1 year international manufacturer's warranty!

When I get my 40D and 70-200 though, I think I'll get it somewhere that isn't OSD.

You used to be able to, but I think they changed it didn't they?

The rule *used* to be that the buyer had to be resident in the respective country (IE the UK).

Welcome to the 24-105 club :D

Don't forget Kerso you guys - Onestop digital prices with Canon cashback too :)

Just ordered a 100-400 and 100mm Macro from him, great price and able to claim cashback too.

The Mack warranty needs to be purchased within 30days of the reciept date for the lens/body - so get it soon if doing so.

OSD aren't eligible for Cashback as reciept will not have a UK based address, I believe.

regards
Gary

Another happy kerso customer here as i used him recently for my 40D and 2 L lens additions to my growing collection. In my case discount for sale outwith ebay, as i only live along the coast from where he gets the kit sent off from so added savings :D

SCM

Back