Something new for me

It makes me cringe because this is what imagine school photos to be like these days, that properly OTT sweeter that sweet pose.

The few times I've seen something like this work with an adult its usual an asian woman in tradition dress and make up with a much tighter crop and more delicate placement of the hands.

Google Peter Hurley, see if you can find his videos on posing. I don't buy into it all but a lot of what he says makes sense. He also has an excellent way of getting models to make minute head movements.

It makes me cringe because this is what imagine school photos to be like these days, that properly OTT sweeter that sweet pose.

The few times I've seen something like this work with an adult its usual an asian woman in tradition dress and make up with a much tighter crop and more delicate placement of the hands.

Google Peter Hurley, see if you can find his videos on posing. I don't buy into it all but a lot of what he says makes sense. He also has an excellent way of getting models to make minute head movements.

Apologies for making you cringe :LOL: but I guess as a first go at "directing" we've got to start somewhere and learn from there.

I'll google him lare and check out the head movements.

Ta

S

Apologies for making you cringe :LOL: but I guess as a first go at "directing" we've got to start somewhere and learn from there.

I'll google him lare and check out the head movements.

Ta

S

Haha - im being harsh, mainly because the images are techincally good to the point where 'picky' critique is actually required. (y)

Stevie (the guy you'll see most of from Autumn Leaf on here) swears by Hurley and ive picked up a lot by proxy. Worth a look!

Haha - im being harsh, mainly because the images are techincally good to the point where 'picky' critique is actually required. (y)

Stevie (the guy you'll see most of from Autumn Leaf on here) swears by Hurley and ive picked up a lot by proxy. Worth a look!

No worries about the picky critique (y) - I welcome it! It's the only way to get better. Emma has kindly agreed to pose again at some stage for me so I'm going to have a good think over the next week or so about what I want to achieve in the shoot, learn more about posing and then have a chat with her about what I want to do.

Hopefully get some better results next time!

Thanks for taking the time to comment and offer up some advice

Shaheed

Back