Something weird happening on Flickr

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I've just been browsing some old photos and when I've clicked the thumbnail it's opened up a totally random picture. It's happened twice so far, first one was when I clicked onto one of my legoman pics it brought up a table with a menu on, and the second one was a portrait and when I clicked on it it brought up a pic from a women's hockey match.

Whilst at first I didn't think much of it I then started to think how many of my photos are ending up in others' accounts? A quick google shows me that it's not an isolated case. Pretty worrying IMO, especially if your photo gets replaced with something explicit, and I also don't want other people having my pics. I'm wondering if it's anything to do with their security breach? I've only noticed it on the app but will check tomorrow if it's the same online.

Has anyone else had this?

All fine here, picked on random thumbs, some older some new-ish and no problems!

and ok here, must be you:):exit:

EDIT-- not good though, family members- kids- could look at the"family" flickr account and see

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. I've now checked online and it's there too, well the table/menu one is instead of the lego man. The portrait one doesn't show the hockey match anymore.Here's an example. If I click the photo with the arrow I get the table/restaurant photo below.

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 07.31.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 07.31.37.png

I'll have to contact Flickr. Very worrying :(

Does anyone know how to contact flickr/yahoo directly? When I go into help>contact us no matter which option I click the only option is help links or to post on the community, no email contact or online form to fill in.

Did you delete some of the images? I could only find 4 pictures in the starwars lego album.

Did you delete some of the images? I could only find 4 pictures in the starwars lego album.
The rest are private, I only put a selection of my photos on my photostream (y)

Does anyone know how to contact flickr/yahoo directly?
Not directly but often in situations like this posting on twitter and taging the relevant companies is very effective, I would tweet the two pictures you have included above.

I emailed yahoo about this issue and this is their response

"Thank you for contacting Yahoo. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Yahoo proudly offers help channels where you can find answers to many of your technical questions. While direct support for your issue isn't available, there are several places to go for help:

Yahoo Help Central - A self-help guide to all of your favorite Yahoo products where you can find troubleshooting steps, how-to articles, and general information.

Yahoo Help Community Forum - A forum to search for and ask questions about specific Yahoo products.

Social Media - Find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Please be aware that while there are some fraudulent sites online that charge for Yahoo support; they're not to be trusted! Yahoo help is always free.

I hope that the information provided will help isolating your query, and thank you again for contacting Yahoo"

To say that it's extremely poor is an understatement :mad:

Would have been quicker to say, "Nothing to do with us mate." :(

I emailed yahoo about this issue and this is their response

"Thank you for contacting Yahoo. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Yahoo proudly offers help channels where you can find answers to many of your technical questions. While direct support for your issue isn't available, there are several places to go for help:

Yahoo Help Central - A self-help guide to all of your favorite Yahoo products where you can find troubleshooting steps, how-to articles, and general information.

Yahoo Help Community Forum - A forum to search for and ask questions about specific Yahoo products.

Social Media - Find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Please be aware that while there are some fraudulent sites online that charge for Yahoo support; they're not to be trusted! Yahoo help is always free.

I hope that the information provided will help isolating your query, and thank you again for contacting Yahoo"

To say that it's extremely poor is an understatement :mad:

Much the same response I received from Facebook yesterday when they sent me an email saying my account had been reactivated even though I have never had an account with them. When asked why they just referred me to the help pages which required me to enter a password to find out anything useful. A bit difficult when a password has never been set up.

The Flickr issue is worrying and looking at the forum link above is a problem they have yet to sort out, but at least it they are aware of the issue.

Should we treat any of the online photos storage sites as reliable?

... Should we treat any of the online photos storage sites as reliable?

No is my answer to that question. Useful to show your work but no good to backup your photos. I keep a couple of local hard copies and every so often back up again to an external drive I keep elsewhere.

Well everything's back to normal now, both online and the app. I noticed it first online so checked the app. At first the app still had the 'rogue' images so I deleted and re-installed (as I had done previously after I first noticed it) and it's now showing the right images. Very odd o_O

Back