Arthur
Edit My Images
No
I think I have *way* too much time on my hands :nuts:

so-far-so-good.jpg

Last edited:
Buttons fitted...

so-far-so-good-2.jpg

Obviously, as well as the LCD screen I am also keeping the original reflex viewfinder :D

Yeah, got it in one... :wacky:

What the butler saw? :LOL:

No imagination you people! The big black thing is an Ensign FulVue.

*Inside* the Ensign FulVue is (or nearly is, will be when I finish) a Casio digital camera
sneaky.gif

A digital camera in the film forum :eek: :runaway:

Hell no - a film camera in the film forum with a digital camera inside :D

A Duaflex you mean? FTV I guess as it's such a big viewfinder. I do have a Brownie Reflex 20 here that I keep looking at...

Really this is just a practise run for the Yashica A TLR conversion - I will be "inserting" a Dimage Z3 into it http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ambermile/titters/s***fan.gif

[Freud] hmmmmmm....... by this design, it seems to me that secretly you realise that digital is, of course, far easier and deep down you yearn and you harbour to make the leap of faith.......... but you are somehow held back and to compensate for that you feel the need to pretend that you are still using film.... hanging onto the apron strings......... they need to be cut so you can be set free, and join the VERY dark side.... [/Freud]............ :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :exit:

Yes. Far too much time on your hands!

And before you "Filmies" start :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: at me, 100% meant in jest, and yes I have nearly finished a roll of film....... Will be done by the weekend....... :whistle:

Could be Lynton, could be... on the other hand it's great fun and it's an Everest thing... you know? I'm doing it because I can!

[Freud] hmmmmmm....... by this design, it seems to me that secretly you realise that digital is, of course, far easier and deep down you yearn and you harbour to make the leap of faith.......... but you are somehow held back and to compensate for that you feel the need to pretend that you are still using film.... hanging onto the apron strings......... they need to be cut so you can be set free, and join the VERY dark side.... [/Freud]............ :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :exit:

Yes. Far too much time on your hands!

And before you "Filmies" start :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed: at me, 100% meant in jest, and yes I have nearly finished a roll of film....... Will be done by the weekend....... :whistle:

If it takes you that long to finish a roll of film, I hope such care consideration of each shot will be carried over into your d*****l work too :rules: :p

Stupidly, I gave him *two* rolls... could be a while I feel :LOL:

Well - I think it's an interesting project - there was a guy at one of the 40's recreation weekends last year iirc (Howarth ??) that had a film camera with digital guts inside which definitely looked more the part than a modern P&S when in full WWII kit.

If it takes you that long to finish a roll of film, I hope such care consideration of each shot will be carried over into your d*****l work too :rules: :p

Of course!

Actually, I want to make the most of it, and not been that many great photography opportunities of late around here lately, so the d*****l stuff has been sitting here in its bag as well....... :LOL::LOL:

How are you getting the sensor to line up on the film plane Arthur, I wish I had your expertise in sensors and astro cam;s I can work out most of the stuff, but the electronics needed scares the pants off me.

... your expertise in sensors and astro cam;s...

Shhh - I'll get thrown out of the film section if that gets out!

However, in this case it's not necessary since I made sure that the donor camera was going to make life easy for me in that respect. Not that there is any real need to line the lens up 100% accurately though because despite keeping the reflex vf the original LCD vf is still available.

Back