Somewhere In Toronto

Edit My Images
No
I have been applying for a work authorisation visa to live in Canada for 12 months. Today, 14th June 2005, the work authorisation has been approved and once I send off my documents and book my flight I'll be 'Somewhere In Toronto' for the next 12 months!

In order to keep track of me and to hear about my exciting stories of which I am sure I will have many, please visit my new website which features an online journal (with comments system). It also integrates into my photo gallery system and will eventually have an RSS feed (I hope!) for the more technologically-aware people out there!

The new website address is :- http://www.somewhereintoronto.com/

Please contact me on my normal e-mail address (dave@facingmirrorimages.com) or use my new one (dave@domainaboveSPAM!.com), the choice is yours. :)

I will continue to be a judge as time allows. * You can't get rid of me that easily. ;)

what you gonna go and do there then Dave?

EosD said:
what you gonna go and do there then Dave?

Get a place to live, get a job, work hard and hope to stay there. :)
Or just waste loads of money and come back with lots of cool photos. :D

Hope to work with VB.NET or some web based programming job.

so your going there to find work eh? Very brave! You going alone or family going to?

Good luck Dave - I'm sure you'll do well mate. No1 Son went to live in the USA 5+ years ago after 'meeting' a girl from there on the 'net. (How do you do that? rub your meeces on the screen or what? :shock: ) Anyway he's now married and is Senior Network Administrator for a huge IT firm out there following a few rapid promotions.

Just be aware that the rewards are out there, but they expect their pound of flesh, and everyone accepts huge travelling distances as the norm which means a long day at work.

CT said:
Good luck Dave - I'm sure you'll do well mate. No1 Son went to live in the USA 5+ years ago after 'meeting' a girl from there on the 'net. (How do you do that? rub your meeces on the screen or what? :shock: ) Anyway he's now married and is Senior Network Administrator for a huge IT firm out there following a few rapid promotions.

Just be aware that the rewards are out there, but they expect their pound of flesh, and everyone accepts huge travelling distances as the norm which means a long day at work.

I'll be in the country I love so I won't mind too much. :)

EosD said:
so your going there to find work eh? Very brave! You going alone or family going to?

I am going alone, but I do have family over there to help me out if need be. I will be staying at my aunts house for the first few weeks until I can find a decent apartment.

thats cool then Dave, I wish you all the best!

(/makes shopping list of goods bestest buddy Dave can send back from canada...)

Wow! Good luck to you Dave. Why Toronto out of all places if you dont' mind me asking? Have you been here before? Don't get me wrong, Toronto is a wonderful place to live, lot's of opportunity for you there. I'm just curious :p
Cheers jewel.

jewel said:
Wow! Good luck to you Dave. Why Toronto out of all places if you dont' mind me asking? Have you been here before? Don't get me wrong, Toronto is a wonderful place to live, lot's of opportunity for you there. I'm just curious :p
Cheers jewel.

Surprised you have to ask with living there already. I've wanted to live there ever since I went there for the first time in 1991. Just think its a great place to live. Nice people etc..

Back