somnia

Edit My Images
Yes
2541877-4a87fe5469c8696f.jpg

this shot is more about the sleeping guy than anything else. fast asleep in the quiet and the warmth, maybe bored by his surroundings too. the setting frames him nicely too, I think, and he breaks the symmetry nicely too. quite like this one, so hope you do too. it's not a portrait as such, and was grabbed as a street/urban shot really, hence it being in the urban section. could have gone mad with the cloning but wanted to leave it as real as possible. may be tempted to go a touch brighter too, but it's a museum, and he's asleep, so thought this suited the mood as this was as the scene was.

thanks for looking as always.

Last edited:
crop out those light bars and the exit sign and it will come to life
cheers
geof

Nice capture and it looks great cropped and the camera cloned out :

Yep :clap:

Letterbox king continues :LOL:

It's not David Davies taking a time out from Parliament is it :LOL:

Really like this... in both crops. (y)

Maybe a more complimentary title might be 'contemplation' !

I like the way that the bust to the left (of the image) of the sleeping man appears to be looking at him, as if to say: "Is he really asleep?"

2541877-4a87fe5469c8696f.jpg

this shot is more about the sleeping guy than anything else. fast asleep in the quiet and the warmth, maybe bored by his surroundings too. the setting frames him nicely too, I think, and he breaks the symmetry nicely too. quite like this one, so hope you do too. it's not a portrait as such, and was grabbed as a street/urban shot really, hence it being in the urban section. could have gone mad with the cloning but wanted to leave it as real as possible. may be tempted to go a touch brighter too, but it's a museum, and he's asleep, so thought this suited the mood as this was as the scene was.

thanks for looking as always.

SLP by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

a bit of cloning and you can keep the doorway in..;)
wasnt sure if you were keen on edit by others...tell me if not
cheers
geof

I agree that it benefits from the top crop, I was about to mention about cloning out the exit sign and the cc camera but I see mrtoad has beat me to it.
Regards
Gaz

Great image, really like the subject and the overall colour feel, letterbox crop works for me!

thanks for the replies guys and glad you like the shot.
Geoff, no problem at all with editing my shots, and a nice job too. When I tried cloning, it always seemed to leave little traces of difference in colour or light so I couldn't get it quite right. But sometimes I think that's because I know where I did the work so my eye knows where to look for the imperfections!

Thanks to you all for the valuable input and the comments. Most appreciated.

thanks for the replies guys and glad you like the shot.
Geoff, no problem at all with editing my shots, and a nice job too. When I tried cloning, it always seemed to leave little traces of difference in colour or light so I couldn't get it quite right. But sometimes I think that's because I know where I did the work so my eye knows where to look for the imperfections!

Thanks to you all for the valuable input and the comments. Most appreciated.

when cloning you can use between 100% and 0% opacity
after a 100% you can go over tichy areas with a large cirlce of lower opacity and blend in the area
i can see on the one i did for you when enlarged the bits that are not so good
but at high enlargement wouldnt really be noticed at the correct viewing distance anyway
its a bit of a dark science cloning..
cheers
geof

Back