Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_V2C3699.jpg

something a little different.

c&c always welcome

thank you for looking :)

Nice idea, but I think the composition is a little plain - the bird silhouette is slap-bang centre of picture, and then there's lots of [sorry] uninteresting sky - did you try looking at a cropped down version to increase the "interesting" area a bit?

This is just my 2p... Please don't take personally - it's my opinion, not everyone's - last time I said I didn't like a photo the following 5 commentators said they really liked it!

Sorry Tom.......this one (unusually for your pictures) doesn't hit the spot for me.

The subject seems far too distant and there is a lot of redundant sky.

Nice idea, but I think the composition is a little plain - the bird silhouette is slap-bang centre of picture, and then there's lots of [sorry] uninteresting sky - did you try looking at a cropped down version to increase the "interesting" area a bit?

This is just my 2p... Please don't take personally - it's my opinion, not everyone's - last time I said I didn't like a photo the following 5 commentators said they really liked it!

i would say, if the photo can take it, crop out more of the sky getting a tighter crop on the bird. I do like the shot, and pictures like these can be tricky to get right, maybe if you did decide to recrop, post the result.
Nice to see things from a different perspective and time of day.
:)

Sorry Tom.......this one (unusually for your pictures) doesn't hit the spot for me.

The subject seems far too distant and there is a lot of redundant sky.

it is a great idea Tom which I like think it would look better with less of the sky and it is nice to see something different

appreciate all your comments - thank you very much. my perspective on this shot is that whilst there is the song thrush perched right on the top of the tree but against a very nice evening sky and it was looking to combine both. to my eyes it was an unusual combination and hence the usage of that particular crop - going tighter would have lost those sky tones.

tom

No probs - the joy of 'togging is that there's no "right and wrong", so if you like it that's what matters! (y)

Thats right (y) :thinking::thinking: Or is that wrong?
Anyway nice idea Tom and its obviously something to work on. (y)

No probs - the joy of 'togging is that there's no "right and wrong", so if you like it that's what matters! (y)

cheers for popping back and commenting. i consider that if you tog as a hobby you have the ability to take the shots that appeal to you, as a professional i consider that you choice of shot is influenced my commercial interests.

Thats right (y) :thinking::thinking: Or is that wrong?
Anyway nice idea Tom and its obviously something to work on. (y)

:shrug: don't know rich - its something that i like.

tom

cheers for popping back and commenting. i consider that if you tog as a hobby you have the ability to take the shots that appeal to you, as a professional i consider that you choice of shot is influenced my commercial interests.

Good job I only tog as a hobby then, and don't have to pimp my skills like the pros :naughty:

Of course this pleasure is mainly 'cos I'd be completely penniless! :LOL:

Good job I only tog as a hobby then, and don't have to pimp my skills like the pros :naughty:

Of course this pleasure is mainly 'cos I'd be completely penniless! :LOL:

(y)

Back