Son's Mercedes

Edit My Images
Yes
here is a pic of my son's Merc. I have been waiting ages for a decent day to take it up the New Forest for a photo. Let me know what you think....

IMG_0349_edited.jpg

I don't want to appear too negative but for me this is very much like a shot you might use to sell it rather than a "photograph". I find my eye is drawn a little too much to the highlight on the windscreen reflection of the sky. On a positive side it's not taken from eye level and perhaps you might have got down even lower to create an even more dramatic angle. Perhaps you could isolate some reflections or zoom in to just show some details of the Merc (nice car BTW) e.g brake calipers showing through part of the wheel ?

One thing I do is to self critique my images (often we're much harsher on ourselves than others) and perhaps you might want to also post your thoughts on the positives & negatives. I find if I can think about what type of end image I'm looking to achieve this is also very helpful in process. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing some more of your shots

Regards
Andrew

If this is the first time you shot a car then its a good start.

Comments above hold true and only thing I would add is close the windows and think about the angle of the front wheels, turned in or out adds some more interest and sets the car a little more especially with nice 8" wide rims as seen :)

If I was shotting this car, i'd position it at 45' across the road and shot it from about 12" off of the road or from about 6-7' up.

Keep up the good work :)

i enjoy taking shots of cars myself and i aint no professional myself but you should always make sure your windows are closed and theres not too much reflection on the windows mainly the windscreen. the car itself is lovely and is sitting on a lovely set of wheels, you should've angled them as kingy says but you'll learn little twists to do for that extra detail as you go along like i am haha

but overall its not that bad of a shot, heres a few i took with a run of the mill digi camera, they're not amazing but you'll get the idea about angles and detail..

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34567

Back