Sony A mount

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, help and advice please.

I have just purchased a Samyang 14mm f2.8 UMC Aspherical IF ED Lens for my Sony a7iii. Great!

Reading the eBay listing properly AFTER buying, the seller says it's an A mount..... not so Great!

Can anyone recommend an adapter or would I be better off selling the lens and buying the correct mount.

Many Thanks .

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend an adapter or would I be better off selling the lens and buying the correct mount.

If your 14mm has an aperture control on the lens then there isn't much point in using the Sony adapters.

I use a K&F adapter to mount a A-Mount STF on micro 4/3. Cheap and simple. Cost around £20. They should do an A-mount to E-mount version.

There's a crude aperture control on the adapter - with the STF I just leave the adapter control so that it is wide open and use the manual aperture control on the lens.

If your 14mm has an aperture control on the lens then there isn't much point in using the Sony adapters.

I use a K&F adapter to mount a A-Mount STF on micro 4/3. Cheap and simple. Cost around £20. They should do an A-mount to E-mount version.

There's a crude aperture control on the adapter - with the STF I just leave the adapter control so that it is wide open and use the manual aperture control on the lens.

Thank you for your reply.
The lens was posted today. I believe it's a fully manual lens.
Looking on Amazon, K&F Concept seems reasonable at £29.99

Back