Sony A200 external

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone offer advice on external flash units that work with the Sony A200, including those that have tried the Hot shoe adapter route. I have searched but get so many differing views that I am more confused than ever :wacky:

i think the cheapest is the fvl42am which is around £150 but i think it might be better to go with the jessops one for £100 as its full manual, built in reflector/diffuser etc. so it would probably be a good starter one.

You could try shopping around for an old stock FVL36. I got one from Jessops for £36 ;-)
The 42 is better if you can stretch to it. I've not used a 58 so couldn't comment.
I have a 56 which works very well. The focus assist is really usefull and both the 36 & 56 work superbly via wireless. Individually and together.

I have a hotshoe adaptor and initially used an old Minolta 4000 flash. It was fine in manual mode but I don't regret splashing out on the Sony guns. Very versatile.
I considered the Sigma route but at the time there were so many complaints about calibration that I was put off.

i think the cheapest is the fvl42am which is around £150 but i think it might be better to go with the jessops one for £100 as its full manual, built in reflector/diffuser etc. so it would probably be a good starter one.

I got one of these for my A350 and I must admit it is much better than a popup flash.

I would reccomend it

Back