Sony A200 Macro Test

Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to take my first baby steps into the DSLR world after years with bridge cameras, I have to say I'm really enjoying the journey.

Bought it with the standard 18-70 kit lens but have since bought a 2nd hand 70-300 Sigma, these first macro test shots are with the kit lens.

a200-test-m1.jpg

a200-test-m2.jpg

a200-test-m3.jpg

a200-test-m4.jpg

a200-test-m5.jpg

a200-test-m6.jpg

I'll try some closer shots with the Sigma later .... I'm fairly impressed by the 18-70 so far even in my inexperienced mittens.

OK I know this ain't a macro but this was the view on my way to work today ... just had to stop and shoot :)

a200-test-l7.jpg

C & C welcomed,
Jim

It looks like you have got the camera and the kit lens working well together. I like the sunset very much; it's my favourite. The macros look good to me with good detail.

Have to admit these certainly do the business lovely pics and sharp as a pin :)

Good first attempts but it looks as though you've missed the focus on some of the insect shots. Probably because (I'm guessing) the 18-70 isn't a true macro lens and you are beyond it's focusing range.

The last shot works well.

Thanks everyone for the comments, you're right Garry, it's not a true macro and I was having trouble holding still, thankfully the steady shot option helped there.

Nice and sharp and love that sunset shot too ;)

Back