Sony a6000 or Canon 1d mark IIn for sports

Name
Jonny breeze
Edit My Images
Yes
I need a sports camera and I'm not sure which one to get. I already have a canon 70-200 f2.8 is so then Canon would make more sense however the sony has far better specs so it would also make sense with a converter. Which one should I buy! Another thing will the converter slow down the lens and quality much?

Jonny

They are very different cameras, so tricky to compare directly.

I would have thought you would be better getting a more recent entry / intermediate Canon - something closer to the A6000 in spec, but able to use the lens natively.

The A6000 is a great camera, but it's strength lies in being small and light, a general purpose 'travel' camera, rather than sports specific.
For what an A6000 + converter would cost you should be able to get a much more modern Canon then the 1DIIn, if you're prepared to go for a xxD or xxxD model.

Someone who knows the different Canon models will be able to advise more specifically on your options.

They are very different cameras, so tricky to compare directly.

I would have thought you would be better getting a more recent entry / intermediate Canon - something closer to the A6000 in spec, but able to use the lens natively.

The A6000 is a great camera, but it's strength lies in being small and light, a general purpose 'travel' camera, rather than sports specific.
For what an A6000 + converter would cost you should be able to get a much more modern Canon then the 1DIIn, if you're prepared to go for a xxD or xxxD model.

Someone who knows the different Canon models will be able to advise more specifically on your options.
I already own a 5d mark ii Canon that's why I'm backing off a bit. The one D mark three is closer to 400 so I don't Really want to spend that much however the sony looked like it had even better specs than that anyway

What sports are you shooting? I recently switched from a 5d3 to a Sony a7rii and although I love the Sony the continuous AF on the Canon is much better suited to sports. I'm general mirrorless are still slight behind Dave's. To get the best our of the Sony AF you really need to be using native lenses not adapting Canon lenses as you will lose some of the features. Dependant on budget I would be looking at any of the xxd from the 70d up. For the cost of the 6000 and metabones v you could even get a used 7dii which would be my pick. My plan is to use the a7rii for general use and up to 85mm for moving wildlife and motorsport I will pick up a used 7dii in the new year

Back