Sony A6300 my best bet?

Edit My Images
No
Looking to get back into photography, my little one is 3 now so I want to get pictures of him on days out and holidays etc.

I’m thinking a Sony A6300 paired with a 35mm F1.8 OSS which could be had for £500-£550 used seems like a good offering.

Considered going FF on something like a Canon 6D with 50mm prime but the extra weight/size combined with how old it is, makes me think the Sony is the better option.

I don’t want to be spending thousands and am happy to buy used, the Sony seems to have 4K video too which is handy but not the end of the world as I have a GoPro Hero Black 9 and my iPhone 13 does fairly decent video so the Sony will largely just be for pictures.

Portraits are not really my thing so I’m thinking a wider lens with the Sony too for any landscape stuff the 35mm will be the lens on it most of the time due to being fast and I can then get images indoors too.

Is there anything else out there comparable for up to £600 ish including a prime lens?

Cheers

Last edited:
Would probably suggest A6100 instead since it has better AF for tracking your child.

You could probably get a Fuji set up too, say X-T20 and 35f2 lens for about that.

This photo was taken on a similar set up (X-T2, which has the same senor, and 23f2 lens):

Henry bubbles by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Back