Sony A7 lens mount adapter

Edit My Images
Yes
I’m confused.. I just got an Sony A7 and bought the mount adapter in the picture to use my canon Ef lens on but it doesn’t attaché time my A7? Am I missing something here?

IMG_0440.JPG

You mean it doesn't seem to fit?

Post photos.

Should be other way round?
Steady, Bob.

There are at least 2 variables here to check out - the camera's been fitted with a non-oem mount that might've been subject to faulty manufacture, and the adapter might be equally wrongly made.

Have you a Sony lens to test the camera mounting ring with?

Last edited:
Thansn Guys!

No I don’t annoyingly have a Sony lens yet! :( do you mean the mount on this A7 is a third party mount or something?

Seems so - it says 'Tough Mount' on it.

3rd party made in China stuff can be very variable, indeed could even be fake ...

Last edited:
Thansn Guys!

No I don’t annoyingly have a Sony lens yet! :( do you mean the mount on this A7 is a third party mount or something?

It's a tough mount, the original a7 supposedly had weak mounts for heavier lenses, later Sony improved the materials/design. Some fitted the tough mount as you have.

IIRC the Tough mount was/is a fotodiox product so I would trust it over a no name Chinese adapter. But you have to wonder if the original mount got damaged and the replacement isn't sitting correctly.

The a6000 was the chief recipient of the Tough mount from what I remember.

It's all hypothetical till you run some tests, and the simplest way of testing the fit is to swop out components.

Well I’m keeping an eye out for a Sony lens to give it a try - if not I’ll head to town on the weekend and ask LCE to have a check of it!

Thanks very much for the advice guys! Sony is all new to me!

If you're near Cambridge and want to try out a few, let me know.

Back