Sony a77 battery's

Name
kevin hurst
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to silverstone at the weekend I will be there for all 3 days I will be camping so charging battery's is going to be a problem I've got 2 genuine Sony battery's and 2 that aren't genuine I was thinking of getting 2 more non genuine ones 6 fully charged battery's should last the weekend

But I'm a bit nervous about putting the non genuine ones in my new a77 I would get genuine sonys but I've just payed out £1365 for the camera so I'm being a bit tight ATM. I have used the non genuine ones in my a200 with only the odd warning about not using genuine products

Car charging isn't an option as these are 7.2v and I'm sure I'd have a flat battery by Sunday night and they take 2 hours to charge so running the engine is not viable I do have a generator but its a noisy smelly 2 stroke

So bottom line is has any one ever had problems with non genuine battery's and should I steer clear

Thanks for any help (y)

Well I've just answerd my own question with google looks like ill be taking the generator don't fancy a battery explosion in my a77 that being the worst case not worth the risk

I use ex pro ones, there fine, don't last quite as long, but 80 90 % and 11quid off amazon

im sure we used to fast charge 7.2v radio control car and boat batteries, but u can get little inverters that go to a uk mains plug, which will be fine for low power draw stuff like this

Back when I used to have a Sony A77 I only had 1xSony battery and 3 non-genuine.

Never had any issues with them other than they didn't last as long as the Sony. But given the cost differential I couldn't grumble. Used to go through three per wedding so they got a fair bit of use.

Back