Sony A7III focusing

dkh

Name
Dilip
Edit My Images
No
I'm having difficulties changing where the camera is focusing. I know it's probably me... Used Canon R6 then the Olympus M4/3 cameras previously and never had these types of issues.

I covered a small function (1k odd guests) and the camera picks up faces but decides which face / eye to focus on. How do I set it so I can choose which face / eye to focus on - it's at a relative distance so I don't need to go down to left eye or right eye - just the person I choose to focus on. Hopefully, this is possible.

I had to work-around this by manually tapping on the rear screen to choose the person (hoping they don't move) then press focus-on and click.

Thank you for any suggestions.

You should be able to move the focus point using the rear wheel as a 4 way selector, it should then pick the face the focus area lines up with.

Alternatively, if it's a small number of people you want to concentrate on you can register up to 8 faces, which it will then prioritise (in the registration order).

Reactions: dkh
Is it possible to assign the joystick to move the focus point?
Sorry, yes, you should use the joystick (Multi-Selector).
The exact behaviour will be dependant on Focus Mode.

Reactions: dkh
I need to go through a few videos to setup the camera I thinks. It's so different from what I am used to using!

I only bought the A7Riii a few months ago coming from the A7 so it was a new set up for me but I knew how I wanted things to work.

Back