Sony A7iii - question about IBIS

Edit My Images
No
Apologies for making this into a new thread, but felt that as it’s very specific, that it might get lost on the main A7 thread.
I’m contemplating a move to an A7iii from m43 and enjoy motor racing photography. up until now I’ve been using a G85 which gives me the option of having IBIS correct for both vertical and horizontal movement, or vertical only. This has enabled me to use some old manual glass at slow shutter speeds with varying degrees of success.
After what seems like months of indecision, including watching so many videos I’ve lost count, I’m finally ready to make the move. But at the 11th hour, I think I’ve discovered that the A7iii IBIS/steady shot can be either on or off, but doesn’t have a ‘mode 2 for panning’, unless you pair it with a Sony lens which has this feature on the lens body.
Am I correct in this?
If yes, could I ask any fellow TP members who own the A7iii (or I’m guessing that some of the other A7 models will be the same) and use their cameras for fast action panning, to let me have the benefit of their experiences/advice.
It could just be that if I make the switch, then I have to give up on the idea of using old glass.
Thanks in advance.

would welcome any thoughts about this.
for now, I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that it will be a ‘no go’ to continue using my old legacy lenses for motor racing in the way I would like to use them.

Back