sony alpha a55

Name
nigel
Edit My Images
No
i have read reviews about the new alpha a55 and it sounds great looks great, but is it great?
but im kinds lost on the new, is it called D-TLR instead of D-SLR...im really tempted to get it, i rang about today, sony shop, Jessops etc and no-one is sure when it comes out. sept or early oct im told, shall i hold off and get the a55 or the mid-range a550..

I'm also keen to hear a bit more about it. The high speed shooting mode sounds unbeatable at the price-point.

What is important to you about a camera?

the high speed 10fps, brill for £750 quid, the photo quilaty looks very good as well, the high ISO 12.800, the pamarama sweep look fantastic and 16. something MP
it looks a great camera...

sorry read the question, i thought you ment about the camera.....
i like shootin, airshows, local rally events, concerts, etc,
i have a nikon d40 which i think is 3fps and the new alpha is 10fps 3 times as fast
i would like a camera with a higher ISO the d40 only goes to 3200 and the a55 goes to 12800.
but im lost i have held the sony alpha a550 and its great feels like its at home...and the reviews iv read say the a55 is smaller, so thats a battery grip straight away ( big clumsy hands )
but im still lost i love the sound of 10fps, or 7fps with the a550...aggggghhhh

It has very serious limitations if you read dpreview review. No optical viewfinder and loss of 1/2 stop light through mirror are only 2 of them.

I'd wait at least for a refresh which will typically happen in a few months since this is SONY.

Back