Sony Alpha100 off camera flash

Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks

I have just purchased one of those shoe adapter 'jobbies' so that I can use my existing flashgun on the Alpha 100 but can't get it to fire on pressing the shutter release.
The gun works ok on my Minolta 500si and 700si. I would like to use the Alpha with the clubs studio lights using the pc socket that is on the adapter. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. IIRC the Alpha/Minolta digitals hot shoe is non standard, so you need a conversion adapter.

The adapter that I am using was sold as a Sony/Minolta Hot Shoe Adapter. This converts the special Minolta shoe to a standard one.

Is the adaptor one of those cheap chinese ebay jobbies? I've got one for my KM5D and it can be tempremental when trying to fire my radio triggers through it. You might find that although it has trouble with the flash gun it might be fine with a PC lead when connected to a flash head.

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. The adapter is a £30 job purchased in UK and is well made with a pc socket on the side of it. It works well with my Minolta film cameras but not the Alpha100, which suggests a Sony problem designed to get me buy a dedicated Sony/Minolta flashgun. Grrrr!

Hi Ron..
A little more info might help in finding a solution.

Link the Unit, Flash etc..And explain the steps you are taking during setup.

Back