Sony and old Minolta gear

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
My main kit is a Nikon D80 etc however i have tucked away (in the loft somewhere) my old Minolta Dynax 505 film camera. From memory it had a 28-70 lens and a 75-300 with 2x converter.
Am i right in thinking that these lens would fit the new Sony DSLRs? The A200 seems to get great reviews for the cost and it would give me reasonable 2nd unit to "throw in my rucksack" when cycling or even to have in the car boot if i didnt fancy risking the D80 out and about.

Thanks.

Garry

hi there, yes your right in saying your old minolta gear will fit the sony a200, as this is what a relative of mine has just done, he was using the minolta film and decided to go digital and brought the sony a200 and all his minolta gear works fine with his new a200 (y)(y)

Thats great news thanks. Full 2nd system for just over £200 then.

The only thing you should be aware of, and it may not make a difference to you, is that any flashes you have for Nikon won't fit on the Sony as they stuck with the proprietary Minolta hotshoe. Can get adapters though.

If you decide against this - please feel free to send me your 75-300! ;)

Ahah! I stand corrected. Still sucks they did it differently to everyone else! :)

Back